AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I have a nice desktop PC that I have hooked up to my Samsung 46'' DLP 1080i and was wondering if I could just get a media program to run on the forth monitor (DLP TV) and just use my computer as normal?

If not, I have a Abit board laying around with a dual core AMD 5600+ and 2GB of DDR2, would this be fine for a media computer to play blu ray and everything or would I need a more powerful computer?

Thanks.

· Registered
590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenQreseller /forum/post/16856606

Hello -

I have a nice desktop PC that I have hooked up to my Samsung 46'' DLP 1080i and was wondering if I could just get a media program to run on the forth monitor (DLP TV) and just use my computer as normal?

If not, I have a Abit board laying around with a dual core AMD 5600+ and 2GB of DDR2, would this be fine for a media computer to play blu ray and everything or would I need a more powerful computer?

Thanks.

If you have a modern ATI or Nvidia GPU then that would be fine for the video side, however, if you want full HD audio you will enter the painful world of PAP. If you can deal with downsampled decoding of audio into LPCM and you have an HDMI capable receiver then an ATI video card like the 4670 series will be an inexpensive way to go. I am about to get my ASUS HDMI card which will send the audio directly to my Pre Pro and my sense is that the center channel levels will be more accurate, other than that I suspect that TMT3 and an ATI card would be plenty for your needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.