AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i`m doing this....But i`m stuck and cannot figure out what card or input I would need to do this...

Bell 6100 HD and 3100

How do I connect the audio into the HTPC from each rec`r to record and keep the 5.1 sound? Multi Spdif for in and out?

Am I missing something here? Is that easy? What do I need?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse /forum/post/0

Then i`m really confused...How do you feed any sat rec`r into a HTPC and record? Coax? Does that not defeat the purpose of digital and HD?

there isn't an easy way to feed HD signals or surround sound spdif into a HTPC for recording like a DVR.

This right here:
http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/products.htm

is the only solution that I know of for getting HD into a PC for recording like a DVR. Your better off to just get a HD DVR from your provider.

- Josh

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse /forum/post/0

Then i`m really confused...How do you feed any sat rec`r into a HTPC and record? Coax? Does that not defeat the purpose of digital and HD?

Yout can't, unless you want over the air broadcast HD, you are basically SOL until new hardware comes out.

Digital cable turners that will record digital cable and digital cable HD will be out at the end of the month.

Satallite is still pending, half the hardware is available in the Happauge HVR-4000, but the content authorization component that reads the smart cards isn't done yet, and may not be till the end of the year.

Oh yeah and you will need to buy a full system to get the digital cable tuners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.