AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a optoma hd20 on the way that I plan to run in combination with my samsung LCD. I am going to place a hdmi swith on the output of my onkyo 805 so I can run the lcd during the day and drop the screen down infront of the tv for projector viewing. I think I have all that figured out but what I do not know is how I am going to get OTA HD to my projector. I do not have any cable/sat service. I am having trouble finding a standalone tuner to accomplish this, I was looking for one that would output via HDMI. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything more specific? any recommendations?

I have looked at the Kworld HDmi Dvi VGA Qam/atsc External Digital Tv Tuner Box Hdtv but it does not appear to have any digital audio output.

The Samsung DTBH260F would be great if you could find a used one at a decent price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that looks like it does everything I need. Just looking to clarify this, can I use the TiVo TCD746320 Premiere DVR for $60 from amazon and then just not activate the tivo, or activate and then not sign up for a service contract. Or will I run into issues with this?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.