AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading alot, but no definitive answers to my questions unfortunately.
Just bought a PS4, and I have a PSN account I'd like to continue using. If I want to game share with a friend, but don't want him accessing my old account stuff, should I make a new account (to set as primary) to share with said friend?
I am assuming that any purchases for game sharing need to be made on the new account, but I can still play all the purchased games on my old PSN account (and get my own trophies).
Also, if we purchase PS+ on the new account, does that mean that both of us can play multiplayer games online?
Finally, if my friend doesn't pay for his 50% share, am I able to revoke his access to the new account?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
You wouldn't be able to play the game share games on your original PSN account -- you would have to login, using the new account. If you are going to be in charge of the purchases, you will have to put the new PSN account on his PS4 and set it as primary in order for him to access the games and benefit from PS+. You will be able to play on any other PS4 as long as you log in to that new account. Keep in mind that digital games cannot be played offline on non-primary PS4s (yours). So, it will work, as long as you don't mind starting a new trophy list and not adding to your original one.

To keep it simpler, you could use your original account and keep it secure with a passcode on your friend's PS4. That way, you will still be able to add to your original trophy list. He wouldn't be able to log into your account and download the games, but you could do it for him through the PS web store. When you buy a game on the web store, it will give you the option to start downloading the game to your primary PS4. This is also possible later, on the download list. As long as your friend keeps his PS4 in rest mode, it should work.

If you and your friend have a falling out, you can deactivate all your playstation devices over the web or through PlayStation Support. I think you can only do this twice a year though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts