AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the first time ever today i decided to get a rear projection tv and i bought a sony 46wt510 (still waiting for delivery) - attracted by picture quality, size and the widescreen for dvd movie watching. reading in this forums about burn-in and convergence adjustment have me worry a bit about the reliability of these sets.

1- i watch most of my tv programming in 4:3, what mode should i use (normal, full, wide zoom, zoom) in order to get the best pq and avoid burn-in (when watching 4:3)?

2- in terms of the pre-program palettes, which one do prefer?

3- how often is the adjustment needed - can i do it myself or is an in-home technician visit needed?

4- how long should i expect the picture tubes to last?

5- anything else you recommend me to do or be aware of?

thanks, mjc.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
1. Watch everything in the original aspect ratio (OAR). If you must stretch decide what you like the best.

2. Not applicable.

3. An ISF calibration is always a good idea. Wait until you have 100 hours on the set. Convergence every 30-60 days if required.

4. Tubes last 10-20 years or longer.

5. Calibrate you set with AVIA or Video Essentials. Make sure you take you set out of torch mode.

Please use the search function to find answers to you questions whenever applicable.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.