AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all. This is my first post. I found the forum while scanning the net for Replay TV information. This place is amazing; there is a phenomenal amount of information here; especially appreciated are the tips on out of box units. Visiting BB and CC are on the to-do list now.

As an avid old movie enthusiast I look to a Replay with an upgraded hard drive as the means to amass a library of creaky and obscure titles that usually only air in the early a.m. or are otherwise not available on disc or tape. I can't hardly wait-

Two questions-

First, can you transfer programs from one Replay to another?

Second, can you record radio broadcasts to Replay for copying to cassette or CD?

Thanks- looking forward to your guidance

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JiveBot
Two questions-

First, can you transfer programs from one Replay to another?
Sure. You'd basically just run the A/V outputs of one into the A/V inputs of the other.
Quote:

Second, can you record radio broadcasts to Replay for copying to cassette or CD?
Sure, as long as your radio had output jacks that could plug into the input jacks of the Replay. You'd probably have to supply some sort of video feed to, to avoid the Replay from thinking there wasn't a signal.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BrettStah
You'd probably have to supply some sort of video feed to, to avoid the Replay from thinking there wasn't a signal.
From what I recall, that is correct. ReplayTV needs some sort of video source. If you have a cable feed or something, just use that. Then, for the source (in Setup) select "other". You will have to do "manual" recordings as there will be no channel guide, but I presume that will be OK. This should be a good way to record radio shows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.