AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the very basic questions here but I am looking to get into the soundbar game unwillingly. We are moving into a new house and my current system will simply not fit in the room, so I am having to downgrade to a soundbar.

In my price range, 400-700, from what I can tell active is going to be my best bet. I know its going against the grain but I would still really like to use my receiver.

So my end goal is to have everything go through my receiver, then 1 hdmi out of my receiver to the TV.

Here is the manual for my receiver: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-919AH-K_OperatingInstructions0303.pdf

If you look on page 65 it sounds like i can have the audio pass through the receiver and output via the tv.

So the question is, with an active soundbar would this work? if so how would it be hooked up? All components into the receiver, HDMI out to the TV, then Optical out from TV to the soundbar, with the receiver set to THROUGH? Would I then need to change my logitech remote to have the "tv" control the sound or do I add my soundbar to the remote?

·
Banned
431 Posts
If you are trying to keep your receiver in the mix I would really go with a passive sound bar. There are models in your price range. Do you need a sub?

Your hook up would depend on which sound bar you are considering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts