AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so today I woke up and found my PC monitor dead, not working at all so I've decided to attempt to use my 26' Westinghouse HDTV 720p/1080i, as a monitor for now and What I've done was hooked up the easiest way I knew how and that was the S-Video cable from my 9600gt to the TV and I have picture but of course it looks horrible so basically what I want from you guys is to help me with what I'll need to buy to get the most out of this TV quality wise / resolution wise so I can play games / browse / stream music and movies as I was / did on my old monitor.

My video Card that I have is : MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

Sorry I can't post URL's but its on newegg.

My TV : Westinghouse 26" LCD HDTV

SK-26H520S

I have no idea what cables / adapters ill need to hook this up to get the full benefits like i said im just using S-Video atm. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well as you've found, svideo is just about the worst you can do. Your vid card probably has DVI out and your TV probably has HDMI or DVI in. Just buy the cable that matches up. You can get a DVI to HDMI cable or DVI to DVI cable. You can get either at monoprice.com for short cash.

-Trouble

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.