AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen the new toshiba 42 inch widescreen? If so, how would you rate it compared to the 40h80 and is the top wider to accomodate a center channel speaker

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've calibrated 2 so far. I love it! The picture quality is just excellent - better than the 40H80. There is one fairly noticable problem though - there is lots of light scatter inside. If you're fussy, it's Duvetyne-time.

As for the top of the unit, there is actually LESS space than there was on the 40H80. There's room for maybe one of those micro-speakers like Bose or JBL SCS135/HK-TS1 but that's about it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw this set for $1999 at tweeter and am very interested. I am usring a jm lab c5 center channel speaker which is a good size speaker. Any suggestions on how to place it on the top of this shallow tv? I'm sure the jm lab would be a better center speaker than the built in toshiba center speaker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.