AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Panny projector on order (1080P), and I currently own a Toshiba A2 1080i player. Will the projector upscale it to 1080P and look as good as the XA2 or A20 on my 100" screen? Or should I upgrade my player too?

·
Registered
12,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGuyOR /forum/post/0

I have a new Panny projector on order (1080P), and I currently own a Toshiba A2 1080i player. Will the projector upscale it to 1080P and look as good as the XA2 or A20 on my 100" screen? Or should I upgrade my player too?

I don't know much about that projector, but I would imagine that it would upscale to 1080p. I would try it out first, but the XA2 will be on sale very soon and that would be very tempting. Especially for DVD upconversion on your big screen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You're fine sticking with the A2. You won't notice a difference. When 24p eventually comes along for the XA2 that *may* justify upgrading though, depending on how your projector treats it (ie. whether it actually displays as a multiple of 24fps or just 60).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.