AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure when the new Toshiba's are coming out? I'm moving into a new house 1 September and would like to upgrade my RPTV.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I know this isn't the answer to your question, but have you considered a FPTV instead of a rear one? The next time I move I'm going FPTV all the way. There are too many limitations involved with making the RPTV work properly with exact resolutions on my HTPC among other things.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Okay, front-projection sounds good for what it's able to do, but how in the heck are you supposed to wire your DVD player and video game consoles to it, if it's hanging from the ceiling? Please explain.

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
The Projection forum is the best place to probably answer that question. There are a lot of ways to go as far as that in concerned though. Some projectors have multiple inputs and not just RGB. Anything that uses Composite or S-Video I would feed into one switch first, and then export that too the Projector. ITs just a lot of extra wiring. Also the projector doesn't have to be above you. Some people have it on coffee tables.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I thought of that, but I don't want to obsolete $1,800 of RPTV entertainment center furniture. I suppose I could just put a FPTV screen in the hole in the entertainment center, but typically a FPTV picture is higher as well as larger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.