AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, we spent six hours looking for a TV stand today. We finally found a decent one at a decent price and took it home. I took my time assembling it (about four hours) only to mount my TV and have it float ridiculously high in the air. The center of the TV is about four feet from the ground! We're having a new couch delivered on Saturday, but four feet seems so high up. I'm basically looking up at it on my current couch.

Here's the problem, I've set it to the lowest possible setting on the bracket. Note the bottom screw, the mount is as high as it could go.

I apologize for the poor quality iPhone pics. I could take better ones with my digicam, I'm just drained and appalled at the moment.

My question is, are there other brackets I can look into that are longer at the bottom so that I could mount it lower? I don't think it could go much lower though, because eventually the bracket will be visible over the top of the TV.

Are there any other solutions? It's a "3 in 1" stand, so one of my options is mounting it to the wall with the mount that it came with. I'm capable of doing that, but as far as cable management goes I'm not sure what I'd do. I guess I'd have to snake some wires behind the wall.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. I'm wonder if I should/could just return the stand at this point. As you can see, it isn't even fully assembled yet. Here's a pic of the whole thing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another option is to use the TV stand and put it on the top shelf (it comes with another spine so it won't stick up behind the TV) but that defeats the purpose of the stand. I could get a much cheaper one instead if I wanted do that.

Even if I wall mounted the TV, I'd prefer another stand for the rest of my stuff. I think I'm just gonna disassemble and try to return it, unless there's a way to lower it a bit.

EDIT: Only iffy solutions I can think of is to cut/weld the spine or drill new holes to mount the mounting plate lower.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe no one has responded because we have no idea what you want to acheive. Lower, ok, got that, as you said, why not just put the TV on the stands top shelf and NOT even mount it on the "spine". How does that defeat the purpose if you don't want the TV too "high"?

How high/low do you want the TV to be from the shelf?

Maybe you should wall mount it the exact height you want and be done with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnuttyguy /forum/post/17012685

Maybe you should wall mount it the exact height you want and be done with it.

Ended up doing that. Still not finished, need to get a new stand for my components and do some cable management tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts