AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least one poster on the Sound & Vision forum is reporting a newly updated version of the 38" Aconda has hit the streets. Not entirely clear what has been updated, but the color is now "basalt." Anyone else hear about this? I asked my local dealer about this a few weeks ago and he had no information from Loewe about a new Aconda. I'm hoping/wondering that maybe Loewe has seen the light and added DVI/Firewire and at least one more component input. Here's a link to the thread it you're interested.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/ide...729&sessionID= {89C160CB-50A7-4539-A4B9-C23B020A70EC}

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry, the link does not seem to work. Here is the article.

Loewe unveils new CRT TV - and says it will be its last!

Loewe used the IFA show in Berlin to showcase its latest designer TV - and announce that it will be the last new CRT product the company will ever design!

The new TV, called Nemos, is being introduced as a replacement for the company's successful mid-range Planus TV model. It's aimed at what Loewe describes as a 'more mature' customer, featuring a slightly less aggressive design than some of the other TVs in the company's extensive range.

As you'd expect with Loewe, the Nemos is packed with features and high-end technology. The best of these is the inclusion of the company's unique upgradable chassis, which lets you add as funds/needs dictate modules for such joys as Dolby Digital surround sound, wireless home automation systems, lighting controls, VGA compatibility, and even internet access. Please note, though, that only the 32in version of the TV lets you add the FULL range of upgrade options - the 28in version can't take everything, AND only offers two Scarts compared with the 32in version's three.

There's plenty of flexibility in how your Nemos looks, too. Two colours are available, anthracite and platinum, and you can mount it on two stand options: one option provides storage space for up to three peripheral AV components and +/- 45 degree manual TV rotation, while the other Rack has less storage space but features an open and light construction that makes it ideal for placement anywhere in the room.

The 32in Nemos will launch towards the end of October with an approximate price of £1,300 (with the Rack stand and any add-in feature modules you want costing extra), while the 28in version can be yours next March for an as yet unconfirmed price.

The other key thing about the Nemos is that it's the very last new CRT TV Loewe will develop. Although Loewe will continue to build, improve and provide support for its current CRT TVs for the forseaable future, it will not design any new models. Instead, from October onwards the company is going to be focussing exclusively on flat-panel designs. The new high-definition 42in Spheros plasma is kicking things off in the next month or two, followed next year by Spheros LCD screens at various sizes including 32in and 37in, and a new Xelos LCD range. Look out for more on these new flat panel TVs in the next few days

·
Registered
45 Posts
So, if this is accurate, it would seem to confirm that the "Basalt" discussed on the S and V forum is an updated and improved Aconda. It remains to be seen how improved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than 175 views on this thread, and so far no one has any info on the Aconda Basalt. Anyone else skeptical about this set's existence? Anyway, I just emailed my local dealer again to see if they can contact their Loewe rep and put this issue to rest. I'll post any news once received.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As noted in the following article, the Loewe Spheros is available in high gloss basalt.

Loewe unveils 32in and 37in Spheros LCD TVs

Loewe has revealed that hot on the heels of its eagerly awaited high-definition-compatible Spheros 42in plasma screen it intends to release two further premium Spheros flat panel TVs: 32in and 37in screens built around LCD rather than plasma technology. Both the new screens (which have been developed in partnership with Sharp) will be high-def compatible, and feature native XGA resolutions. They've also got a new Loewe feature called Diagonal Contour Control (DCC) which claims to be able to do away with the annoying 'step' effects which usually blemish contours on LCD screens.

Connectivity will be provided by an external AV switching box which, critically, will utilise the same upgradable structure that makes Loewe's CRT TVs so unique, allowing you to retrofit extra features as money or needs dictate.

All the Spheros screens will be available in a selection of deeply appealing, polished finishes including: Platinum, High Gloss Cream, and our personal favourite, High Gloss Basalt. You'll be able to position them on a selection of different mounts, too, including a motorised rotating desktop stand.

The 42in Spheros plasma is due to launch in the UK November, with the smaller LCD alternatives due in the second or third quarter of next year. Prices have yet to be finalised.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Called my dealer yesterday to inquire on the Aconda. He called the Loewe rep and called me back stating Loewe does indeed have a new Basalt Aconda. Retail was $5k and it came with a free stand if ordered by end of September. The older color was $4k so I guess the stand isn't really free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.