AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somoene over at Remote Central came across a couple of new designs for URC remotes. You can see pics here and here . The one that look sparticularly interesting is called the "900" which is assumingly an MX-900 that is also labeled "Gemini" on the remote itself, continuing with the new naming trend for the URC line. URC has made mention of the MX-900 as part of their CEDIA upcoming training seminar info. You can see that here .

The 900 obviously takes most of its design cues from the 950. However, it reduces the LCD configurable button count from 10 to 6, all on the right side. As such, the LCD screen looks to be more narrow. The power buttons are pretty big and have been vertically stacked on the left side of the LCD. They've also added 2 buttons for -Skip and Skip+, taking them off the double duty Back and Ahead buttons that the 950 has.

Without more info, I can only guess at a few other details. I don't see a speaker (unless it's on the back or this is just an early mock-up), so I would guess that the audible functions of the 950 and 3000 are absent. I would also guess that the LCD is monochromatic. The unknowns are variable support, device quantity support, text hiding ability and graphics support (if the screen is indeed one of their standard monchrome ones, then probably no).

Hopefully, we'll get more details at CEDIA.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike! I fixed my broken links - I think I originally copied from the text in the RC forums post rather than copying the link location.

By the way Mike, have you gotten any concrete details on the 900 yet? How about the MRF-500?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC
No, they're keeping things pretty close to the vest until CEDIA.
Well, the pictures disappeared from that site. Luckily, I grabbed a copy and saved it so I could blow it up and read all the buttons on the MX-900. I've attached it here.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red
I get a MP3 player and a dead link.
URC had that site take them down because they were not supposed to be released for the public. Pictures will be available soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.