Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm just getting my AE100, after reading so much about thi PJ

in this forum.

Would like to know the recommended setting on its brightness,

tint, contrast, picture, etc.

Also, anybody know how to get iScan plus ver. 2 via online shopping ?

Thanks

TKF :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The settings can differ by source, your room setup, screen and your specific projector. Best way to calibrate is to buy AVIA or Video Essentials DVD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

I use AE100 for 100% DVD viewing, all are anamorphic material,

totally dark room.

Screen size about 70" to 80", sitting distance 1.2 X screen width.

Since I don't have Avia disc, can anybody recommend basic setting ?

How about info on iScan Plus ?

Thanks.

TKF:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try this setting

I use Grey screen with 1.6 Gain

DVD->Iscan->AE100

DVD :pionner S10A (IRE:7.5)

Mode: Normal

Brightness:-20 (For screen gain

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you use Netflix, you can order/rent the Video Essentials DVD.

Make sure they include the blue filter in your package, otherwise it's useless. I haven't used the Video Essentials disc yet but have ordered it from Netflix.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Certain DVD's also have the THX optimizer ( I know Star Wars TPM has it). It's got the color bars and such to adjust contrast, color, etc. You can buy the blue filter glasses for $2 from THX.com.

Here's the link to buy the blue glasses.

I used to rent Video Essentials from Netflix, but discovered this nugget on my Star Wars disc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Namlemez
Xmen has this too and I've played with it. I was under the impression VE had a lot more.
Yeah, VE's got more on it. I guess what I was trying to say was that if someone didn't wanna buy VE, they could get the majority of the calibrations done with the THX optimizer on these discs.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyt
Certain DVD's also have the THX optimizer ( I know Star Wars TPM has it). It's got the color bars and such to adjust contrast, color, etc. You can buy the blue filter glasses for $2 from THX.com.

Here's the link to buy the blue glasses.

I used to rent Video Essentials from Netflix, but discovered this nugget on my Star Wars disc.
Terminator 2:UE also has it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I just recieved my AE100 from an importer that will remain nameless to honor Alan's wishes.

Great service. Ordered on monday night and got the unit yesterday via DHL. Hooked up to the HTPC (Radeon 7500 oem/Powerstrip/Sblive/Powerdvd/ATI DVD 7.6/Zoompler/DVDgenie etc...etc.)

So far so good. Next stop...the Avia and Video essentials disks that were so helpful tweaking my mitsu 46 rptv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.