AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went toBest Buy to buy a Sony Tivo (out of the box) that was missing some parts. I tried to talk them into marking them down from $199.

to $150 it was missing a remote $47 from Sony. So they had and end of UTV units the guy asked me if I would like to try it. Well the price $199 was new DTV customers. I asked him how much from some one who already had DTV. He checked and came back with a price of $93. I bought it and love it so far will upgrade drive later after learning more and plan to go back and get another. After all I installed a 3x8 multiswitch I have to fill them up. Don't I !

·
Registered
524 Posts
UTV .... is better than some will give credit.. TiVo has some nice features done rather well (search for one...) however being scarce and given the failure rates UTV isn't a bad choice just now at least until TiVo releases their series 2 and it has stood the test of time.. 90 days or so... all these manufactures need to tighten up their QA a bit perhaps a 72 hour burn-in, to many DOA and premature failures IMHO..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.