AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my V880N Momitsu DVD player right now.

I plugged it in and cannot open. How can any manufacturer make such poor quality product and got such good ratings from consumers? I just hope the picture quality is worth it.

Does anyone know how to contact Extreme Phono? I just sent them an email. Not sure what I need to do to get a new one, or if I even can get a new one.

This is horrible.

Sean

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SeanChau
I just got my V880N Momitsu DVD player right now.

I plugged it in and cannot open. How can any manufacturer make such poor quality product and got such good ratings from consumers? I just hope the picture quality is worth it.

Does anyone know how to contact Extreme Phono? I just sent them an email. Not sure what I need to do to get a new one, or if I even can get a new one.

This is horrible.

Sean
I had problems with my 880 too when I first received it. Extremephono was very good about helping me work through them. They always responded to my e-mails in a timely manner. I've now used it for 6 months with out a hitch. I've also watched many PAL DVD's on it. They look spectacular. This is a nice "extra" feature. Picture quality is comparable to my ($1,500. list) Sony 9000. The sound however is a step below.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Thanks for responding. So did you get a brand new player? Or you had to open it up and fix it yourself? I just hate to deal w/ fixing a BRAND NEW player. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Hopefully, Extremephono will be kind enough to send me a brand new one and pay for the shipping of this non-working player. But I really doubt that wil happen.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sean, I think you are prematurely disappointed. Extremephono is a small outfit but from all I read on this board, they do come through. You contacted them, they'll get back to you with instructions.

Having said that, the Momitsu V880 is a quirky machine. Some people know this when they buy it and have the solder iron already hot when it arrives, just in case. Some don't want to do that. I agree with you that you should not need to fix a new machine. I believe it comes with a year of warranty so no sweat, I would say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.