AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I got a new version of the software in the past few days. I now have version 140. The "color distortions" on changing channels has gone away! That's the good news.

But now my Living Room RTV won't show up on DVArchive. I can connect to the Internet through the RTV, but when I put the IP address into DVArchive I get nothing, no connection. Can't find it. Has anyone seen this, and know a fix?

Another quick question: I'm considering upgrading my router to a 802.11G router so sharing might actually work. Right now I have a 802.11b router set up in the office, with WET-11s on each of the two RTV5040's I have in the house. Connecting to the internet is no problem, but sharing shows is impossible. Too much jerking. My question is: Will I have to upgrade the WET-11s too, or will they work at the new speed if I upgrade the router? I haven't found any specific 802.11G wireless bridges...

Thanks!

Eddie

·
Registered
723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eappell
Looks like I got a new version of the software in the past few days. I now have version 140. The "color distortions" on changing channels has gone away! That's the good news.

But now my Living Room RTV won't show up on DVArchive. I can connect to the Internet through the RTV, but when I put the IP address into DVArchive I get nothing, no connection. Can't find it. Has anyone seen this, and know a fix?

Another quick question: I'm considering upgrading my router to a 802.11G router so sharing might actually work. Right now I have a 802.11b router set up in the office, with WET-11s on each of the two RTV5040's I have in the house. Connecting to the internet is no problem, but sharing shows is impossible. Too much jerking. My question is: Will I have to upgrade the WET-11s too, or will they work at the new speed if I upgrade the router?
You should still be able to use your WET-11's as 802.11g is backwardly compatible with 802.11b, but you will not see any speed increases as it is only as fast as the weakest link in the chain (your WET-11's).

As far as your issue with 140 is concerned... Beats me as I still have 110. Is this release or are you on the beta team? What does the log say in DVArchive? Is it receiving any packets?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, of course! I am on the beta program. I completely forgot... DOH!

So that may be the issue. DVArchive is not receiving anything from the RTV, but I'll check the log today when I get home just to be sure...

On the wireless issue: Are there any 802.11G bridges out there? In other words, if I upgrade my router, how would I be able to take advantage of the speed increase on my RTV's?

Thanks!

Eddie

·
Registered
723 Posts
Quote:
Are there any 802.11G bridges out there? In other words, if I upgrade my router, how would I be able to take advantage of the speed increase on my RTV's?
Don't know... but if not, soon. But even with 802.11g you might not be as thrilled with streaming as you would with a hard wired switch (depending on range and interference, etc).

If ya got an attic, I'd run a wire (c;

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Ah, of course! I am on the beta program. I completely forgot... DOH!
You should probably keep in mind that you are under NDA. If you signed one, that is. Or maybe you don't remember :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I definitely signed one. I guess I just expected an email or a message on the RTV or something signifying that the beta had been installed... So I hadn't connected the dots on that.

If I recall though, I can say that I've got the beta, just can't talk about any of the new features or functionality...

Eddie

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been using a Netgear Wireless-G bridge for a while now and it works flawlessly. Streaming at all quality settings works fine, too. Of course, your mileage may vary. Send me a private message if you'd like more info on my setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.