AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused. My video processor for my Runco DTV-933 CRT died so that there is no output from the component inputs. The composite and S-VHS work. As a result, I am in the market for another. Looking for component inputs that output to the VGA output of the CRT. I looked at the Iscan Ultra and Focus CenterStage but unclear whether they are a good match. In Idaho, you have to make do with what you read so any help would be useful. Mainly will use for my DVD collection but have laserdisc and satellite.

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you look at it it's always a "bad time" to be in the market for a scaler...

Look at what's on the market, choose the one that fits your needs and wallet and buy it. A better one WILL come soon, but if your waiting for that one you'll never buy one...

But of course this is my own opinion...

//Kris

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Kristofer,

I thoroughly agree with James on this one. Prices are likely to fluctuate and new products are about to be introduced.

It's like buying an Intel processor a week before a brand new processor is coming out...

·
Banned
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristofer
If you look at it it's always a "bad time" to be in the market for a scaler...

Look at what's on the market, choose the one that fits your needs and wallet and buy it. A better one WILL come soon, but if your waiting for that one you'll never buy one...

But of course this is my own opinion...

//Kris
you must not have been in the market long. It usually is a good time to buy a scaler. But not now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same projector and replaced it with a vivx pf7. These are designed for both fixed pixel displays and for CRT projectors. I have been very pleased with the image quality over the last year. THe only issue I am running into is the coming of high-def signals and only one passthrough. Goodluck in your search.

Rich

·
Registered
900 Posts
Interesting... besides the Rock Pro and HD Leeza...what other processors ("new products") are being introduced?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.