AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently purchased the new Visio VO22LF which replaces the previous VO22L. This new model has true 16:9 aspect ratio and supports 1080p mode. Native resolution has stepped up to 1920x1080. I'm very impressed with this new model. Great picture. No more Judder issues. Lots of user controls. Here are the Full Specifications: Model# VO22LF

Size: 22-in*

*Viewable: 21.6-in

Tuner: Integrated NTSC/ATSC/QAM HDTV Tuner


Supported TV Formats

1080p


Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Supported PC Resolutions

640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1920x1080


Specification

Panel Type: 22" Diagonal*, 16:9 Wide Screen, Color TFT Active Matrix LCD

Panel Specifications: Anti-Static and hard coated surface

Pixel/Dot Pitch: 0.248mm (H) x 0.248mm (V)

Display Compatibility: HDTV (720p)

Signal Compatibility: Supports 480i (SDTV), 480P (EDTV), 720P (HDTV), 1080i (HDTV), 1080p Video Signals

Response Time: 5.0ms

Colors: 16.7 million

Brightness: 300 cd/m2 (typical)

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typical), 5000:1 (w/DCR)

Viewable Angle: >170° horizontal , >160° vertical


Inputs

RF (F Connector for internal tuner): 1

HDMI with HDCP: 2

Analog Stereo Audio for HDMI Inputs: 1

Component YPbPr plus Stereo Audio: 1

Composite Video: 1

S-Video plus Stereo Audio: 1

Computer RGB plus Stereo Audio: 1

Service Port: 1


Outputs

SPDIF Digital Optical Audio: 1

Headphone (Stereo Mini-Jack): 1


Additional Information

V-Chip 2.0

Closed caption

Dynamic Contrast Ratio Technology

3D de-Interlace

3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down

ATSC with 8VSB & QAM demodulation

ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding

NTSC Video decoding via RF: Yes, thru Antenna, Cable, or Satellite

NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes, thru CVBS, S-Video, or Component

Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component YPbPr, VGA or HDMI

HDTV: Yes, thru HDMI or Component YPbPr

Computer: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1920x1080 via VGA and HDMI

Sound enhancement: Yes

Color Temperature: 6500K (standard), 5400K and 9300K

Color Fine Tuning: Independent Red, Green and Blue

Audio: Built-in 2 x 3W Speakers

Lamp (LCD) / Panel (PDP) Life: 50000 hours

Power: IEC Connector for direct power line connection

Voltage Range120Vac at 50/60 Hz

Power Consumption: 62W average

Removable Base: Yes


VIZIO Warranty

One Year Parts & Labor

Free Lifetime Technical Support

Zero Bright Pixel Defects Guaranteed: No

Click for details of warranty:


Weight

Gross: 16.5 lbs

Net: 12.8 lbs

Without Stand: 11.9 lbs


Dimensions

Carton:

With Stand: 21.0" W x 17.0" H x 8.9" D

Without Stand: 21.0" W x 15.7" H x 2.9" D

Without Stand and Speakers: N/A

Certifications: CSA, CSA-US, FCC Class B, BETS 7

ENERGY STAR Qualified
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
I am looking at this same tv, wondering if you bout this one at Costco?


I was at their web site just two days ago, and now it's not offered online as of today.


This is the Only 22" LCD that has a 1080P pannel, and 1920 x 1080 resolution.


I even told my Aunt to get on the ball and pick one up, but hopefully they are still available. Is there a review any where else? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterChad /forum/post/15497641


I am looking at this same tv, wondering if you bout this one at Costco?


I was at their web site just two days ago, and now it's not offered online as of today.


This is the Only 22" LCD that has a 1080P pannel, and 1920 x 1080 resolution.


I even told my Aunt to get on the ball and pick one up, but hopefully they are still available. Is there a review any where else? Thanks.

I didn't buy mine at Costco but I do believe they sell this model. Great TV in 22" category.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier /forum/post/15500402


Where did you buy it, if we may ask?

Bought it online from Katerno.com. Good transaction,quick delivery direct from Vizio. Toll free phone# and polite customer service personnel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone else out there own or thinking about buying one of these new VO22LF models? If so, I'd like to hear from ya. I love mine so far. It's a big improvement over the VO22L I got rid of. Has more controls over the video settings and also has a menu function that actually allows you to enable the 5000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio. Let's here from ya!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Can you enter a channel that it didn't find in a scan? Alternatively, can you "add digital" channels? My VO22L has real problems there as I must rotate the antenna to 3 different positions to receive the channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbynum /forum/post/15639558


Can you enter a channel that it didn't find in a scan? Alternatively, can you "add digital" channels? My VO22L has real problems there as I must rotate the antenna to 3 different positions to receive the channels.

The only way I know of adding channels is by autoscan. I don't think there is any other way to do it. Try calling Vizio's tech support. I know you can get thru to them on weekends too. They've helped me in the past with my old TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Got mine at Costco last week. It was on the web site one day and gone the next so I called Costco to check anyway since what is on the web is not always in stores. They had 47 of them. So call your local stores. If you know a channel number you can use the number pad I think even if it did not scan it. The Electronic program guide is not available even thought the manual says push the guide button 2x, called TS for this. Also to change the backlight setting the Dynamic Contrast Ratio must be OFF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
What does;


Display Compatibility: HDTV (720p)


mean? It's a 1080p display that accepts 1080p input. Is this like some of the early 1080p sets I read about that had 1080p panels and inputs, but downscaled everything to 720p in between?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Figured out how to adjust backlight in "custom" mode. I seems the factory default setting for DCR turns it "ON" for the AV, HDMI, composite inputs, and "OFF" for Standard. So you have to go into one of them and change DCR to "OFF". The manual can be very vague on this procedure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_humbug /forum/post/16200070


What does;


Display Compatibility: HDTV (720p)


mean? It's a 1080p display that accepts 1080p input. Is this like some of the early 1080p sets I read about that had 1080p panels and inputs, but downscaled everything to 720p in between?

I have been looking at this model to use in my office but that is was has been making me wonder?

Display Compatibility: HDTV (720p)
Signal Compatibility: Supports 480i (SDTV), 480P (EDTV), 720P (HDTV), 1080i (HDTV), 1080p Video Signals


Does anyone have any insight on was this means? I've looked through the pdf manuals on the larger vizios and they list the "display compatibility" as 1080p and omit any mention of "signal compatibilty" there has to be a reason, and it makes me feel as if this 22 is not 100% 1080p.


The other descrepincy is it says right on the website overview that it has a 178 viewing angle, but the specs show 170/160.. Surely this is a TN panel at that price, but just wondering where they can pull a 178 degree number from to claim? Is there some bs degree measuring system to claim outrageous specs for viewing angle like there is with contrast and ms rating that flaunt dynamic instead of typical ratings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ket-tek /forum/post/16278309


I have been looking at this model to use in my office but that is was has been making me wonder?

Display Compatibility: HDTV (720p)
Signal Compatibility: Supports 480i (SDTV), 480P (EDTV), 720P (HDTV), 1080i (HDTV), 1080p Video Signals


Does anyone have any insight on was this means? I've looked through the pdf manuals on the larger vizios and they list the "display compatibility" as 1080p and omit any mention of "signal compatibilty" there has to be a reason, and it makes me feel as if this 22 is not 100% 1080p.


The other descrepincy is it says right on the website overview that it has a 178 viewing angle, but the specs show 170/160.. Surely this is a TN panel at that price, but just wondering where they can pull a 178 degree number from to claim? Is there some bs degree measuring system to claim outrageous specs for viewing angle like there is with contrast and ms rating that flaunt dynamic instead of typical ratings.

I have one and it for sure does not have 178 V&H viewing angle. more like the 170 and 160. I have a Toshiba 40 that can be viewed at much greter angles, It claims 178. I noticed this discrepincy on the web site and other site technical specs, but figured since it was being used in the bedroom at about 8 feet I could adjust the set and it seems OK. I assume it up converts all inputs to 1080P just like my Toshiba 40XF550
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
i just picked my vo22lf up yesterday i love it, however there is a green dot right in the center of the screen (really noticeable when the screen is black) so going to return it and pick up a new one got it from costco, but it looks amazing.. anyone else have the burnt out pixels with this set yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had mine since September 2008 and no pixel problems. It gets lots of use. Probably on for 8 to 10 hours a day, 7 days a week.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top