AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm, I don't really care for the looks so much. The new Vizio logo is quite distracting and ugly. Branding is everything though.

I'm excited to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this new set. Pretty decent starting price for a new model line.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by roemer21 /forum/post/20862097

Hmmm, I don't really care for the looks so much. The new Vizio logo is quite distracting and ugly. Branding is everything though.

I'm excited to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this new set. Pretty decent starting price for a new model line.

Well everyone has different taste,,, I am impressed with the looks of the new Vizio. and did not even really notice the Vizio logo,,, overall I think the sub and the bar are both very attractive.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouret /forum/post/20882337

The Vizio VHT215 was on sale and in stock today at the Sam's Club store in Slidell, La for $249.87. I assume it should be on sale in most Sam's stores soon.

Davyo, we need a review.

Very funny

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, i have forgotten I had an account here at AVS

I read a lot, i mean A LOT about soundbars (especially your posts Davyo), and this Vizio sounds interesting (i was even ready to buy the last model even if leds stop working
).

Bad point : I live in Canada.

Good point : I'm going to Maine in vacation in september and it seems Sam's club near Portland (ME) has stock for this Vizio. Even if i need to pay some fee to be a member, i think i'm going to be tempted...

I hope someone will be able to test it before i go on vacation

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got this earlier this week, and I love it so far. It's my first soundbar, so I can't compare sound quality to others. But first of all, it's really THIN! As thin as my TV, and very different from the other vizio soundbar I looked at. I think it looks great, and looks far more expensive than it is ast $250 (I think it looks better than others at $400). Also, it's got a small alpha-numeric display that shows volume, mode, etc. I like it. And the sound is FANTASTIC, especially coming from a thin bar. And love that BASS from the subwoofer! It's got HDMI input, along with optical and RCA. I plugged in my iPod thru the RCA, and it also kicks. In the future, I hope vizio puts in bluetooth, but at this price, it's a winner! I also heard it's designed by a japanese audio company. Anyone know who?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Will there be an option to buy this sound bar elseware?

I have a Costco membership but no Sams!

Second qusetion, I have a 50" Panny, from what I measure the sound bar will cover up my remote I.R. Whats a good way to deal with that? RF remote?

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay427 /forum/post/20918180

Will there be an option to buy this sound bar elseware?

I have a Costco membership but no Sams!

Second qusetion, I have a 50" Panny, from what I measure the sound bar will cover up my remote I.R. Whats a good way to deal with that? RF remote?

Thanks

Jay

Im 100% sure Costco will be selling the new Vizio bar, if they arent already.

Call your local Sams though as many times they dont list on their website what they have in stock.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
784 Posts
You can set up a guest membership on Sams for buying online but you pay a 10% premium (I think). If you'll only be buying this one device, its cheaper to pay the penalty than get a membership.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 /forum/post/20922274

You can set up a guest membership on Sams for buying online but you pay a 10% premium (I think). If you'll only be buying this one device, its cheaper to pay the penalty than get a membership.

They just had a free day about a month ago!!

I can wait it out, I have been looking at a Onkyo HTX-22HDX as well, just not sure the bar is going to work out in from of my TV. Need to get the old tape measure out!

·
Registered
177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 /forum/post/20922274

You can download a Sam's Club one-day pass here . No 10% penalty in California, South Carolina, or Elmsford, NY.

I'm thinking of getting this primarily because it has a digital coaxial S/PDIF input that will connect directly to my Philips flatscreen without having to deal with HDMI passthrough. Digital optical inputs seems more common in soundbars, even on Vizio's other models, but this one fortunately has both (in addition to 2 HDMI & an analog 3.5mm input). Anyone know of any other comparable soundbars on the market in this price range with a digital coaxial input? The only other I've found is the Philips HSB2313A - I tried two of them and the subwoofers hummed like a Harley (one started after a day, the other after 29 days, just in time to return).

·
Registered
177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl /forum/post/20923763

The new Sony CT550W has both digital coax & digital optical, as did last year's CT150 & CT350 models.

Thanks, Possumgirl. I saw that input on the Sony CT550W, but passed over it because the owner's manual showed it as labeled "Digital Coax Video In" and thought it was something else. (See pages 19 & 26.) But you must be right, per the DVD audio out connection shown on page 18. Seems it should have been labled "Digital Coax Audio In," or maybe there's more to that connection than I understand.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyt /forum/post/20926916

Thanks, Possumgirl. I saw that input on the Sony CT550W, but passed over it because the owner's manual showed it as labeled "Digital Coax Video In" and thought it was something else. (See pages 19 & 26.) But you must be right, per the DVD audio out connection shown on page 18. Seems it should have been labled "Digital Coax Audio In," or maybe there's more to that connection than I understand.

Oh, I can see where that does look confusing. What it actually means is that in order to listen to the audio for something connected to that input, you have to press the "video" button on the remote.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone seen the VHT215 anywhere besides Sams? I would prefer buying at COSTCO but have not seen it yet. It lloks as if Sams and Vizio website are the only 2 places to purchase this soundbar. Are they waiting for the holidays to distribute this to other stores?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydude411 /forum/post/21011597

VHT215 is available on Amazon now for $259, but I think I'm going to wait for the VHT520 and try both to see which one better fits my room.

Last I read was the VHT520 had been delayed or even cancelled,,,, you might want to contact Vizio to see about the VHT520.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.