AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took down my old vpl vw100 and septup the new vw600es in my media room. Looks fantastic. Its like 10 times better than the vw100. Brighter, resolution light a movie theatre and used the same mount as the vw100 with the same 3 screws to mount the projector. One problem is that I can seem to find the keystone setup in the manual or on the remote. The oldl vw100 uses a keystone setup whereon the 600es there is a focus, zoom and shift on the remote but the shift raises, lowers, and side to side. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,988 Posts
Please for the love of all things holy... do not use keystone...

Completely Level the projector and shift the image up or down and side to side to fit your screen.

Keystone and pin cushion is the worst thing you can ever do to a projector.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK  /t/1504218/new-vpl-vw600es-setup-question#post_24044793

Please for the love of all things holy... do not use keystone...

Completely Level the projector and shift the image up or down and side to side to fit your screen.

Keystone and pin cushion is the worst thing you can ever do to a projector.

+1000

____

Axel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The projector is above the center of the screen therefore I gett a trapeziod image. Are you telling me that the projector has to be level with the center of the screen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have it tilted down so that explains it... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4140  /t/1504218/new-vpl-vw600es-setup-question#post_24044877

The projector is above the center of the screen therefore I gett a trapeziod image. Are you telling me that the projector has to be level with the center of the screen?

A projector can be the same height as the center of the screen and still not be "level". The light from the projector needs to be hitting your screen at a 90 degree angle; if your projector is lightly tipped (up and down) or rotated (left and right) it will keystone. So level the projector until the image is perfectly squared, then use your lens shift to center it on the screen.

Edit: Oops - looks like you got it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts