AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a couple old Klipsch RB-25's on stands and a RC-25 center channel. The bedroom is being converted to a 'glam cave' but the surround sound setup is staying. I purchased two R-41M speakers and put them on stands for surrounds. I am thinking two R-41M in the front would be less obtrusive. Would need a more 'streamlined' center channel as well. In a normal sized bedroom would I suffer significant sound degredation going from RB-25's to R-41M for fronts?

Another option that would be 'less ugly' would be some towers up front. That would at least get rid of the stands. Lastly, right above the room is the attic. I could do in ceiling speakers all around. Thoughts?

Again, this is for a normal sized bedroom being converted into a babe cave with a sleeper sofa and what not....but the 75" tv and surround sound system stay. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
I currently have a couple old Klipsch RB-25's on stands and a RC-25 center channel. The bedroom is being converted to a 'glam cave' but the surround sound setup is staying. I purchased two R-41M speakers and put them on stands for surrounds. I am thinking two R-41M in the front would be less obtrusive. Would need a more 'streamlined' center channel as well. In a normal sized bedroom would I suffer significant sound degredation going from RB-25's to R-41M for fronts?

Another option that would be 'less ugly' would be some towers up front. That would at least get rid of the stands. Lastly, right above the room is the attic. I could do in ceiling speakers all around. Thoughts?

Again, this is for a normal sized bedroom being converted into a babe cave with a sleeper sofa and what not....but the 75" tv and surround sound system stay. Any suggestions appreciated.
You don't want to go smaller than 5.25" woofers for the center channel, it is the single most important element of any HT setup. 4" or smaller woofers usually = small sound, and tinny voices. I'd keep the RC-25.

In-ceilings are ok for surrounds and Atmos duty. NEVER use them for your front 3, unless your usage will simply be background music listening only.

Reactions: 18Hurts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts