AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
they both have the same 65nm cell the power draw is the same, new motherboard just is more intergrated for cheaper production. Japan never got the 40gb model from the US, they got the new CECHH00 with the modified board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/12915672

they both have the same 65nm cell the power draw is the same, new motherboard just is more intergrated for cheaper production. Japan never got the 40gb model from the US, they got the new CECHH00 with the modified board.

So do you think the "old" 40gb has better cooling and therfore runs more cold/quiet?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I think the new 40 is supposed to have the newer cooling system. There were comparison pics between the white and black 40s showing that the white 40s had less vents. The black 40 had a few less vents than the 60/20/80s.

From what I read the new 40s are the first PS3s to come with a revised fan/heatsink design.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
And at the end of the day it doesn't really matter since the PS3 doesn't have overheating problems. My 60gb PS3 is standing vertically (which supposedly runs hotter than horizontally) in my rather warm dorm and the fans rarely kick into high gear.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
either way they are gonna make fan noise, both generate 150watts playing a movie or game. Thats quite a lot of heat to remove.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts