Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was hunting through my directories trying to free up some space, when i noticed i had a WinDVD Tweaker 1.1 It looked a little olf, so i wondered if it had been updated....I tried the web site ( http://3dgamer.tripod.com )and boy has it....its on version 3.2 IIRC !

Also it mentioned a new version of WinDVD being version 4, checked mine, which i thought was the latest and its 3.1...anyway checked out the intervideo site and it claims WinDVD pro 4 is really rather capable !

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Produc...?p=WinDVD4PLUS

Anyone tried it yet ??? Downloading the trial version ATM

Cya,

Lee

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
 http://3dgamer.tripod.com/Files/Down..._3.3_Beta2.zip

16\\05\\02 WinDVD Tweaker 3.3 BETA 2Released

Added a slightly better fix for some audio problems people were having. Some problems with headphones were fixed in this version. Also general workings of the program are better. Many more settings now work with the new WinDVD 4. Preset saving will be fully supported when no more errors are found (hopefully soon).

·
Registered
301 Posts
thought i'd give it a try, but it doesn't work... :(

it keeps telling me "Component 'SYSINFO.OCX' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

does anyone know what this is all about?

·
Registered
288 Posts
You need to download the latest VB run times files, ,if you scroll down the news a little you can see a link to the files...

·
Registered
301 Posts
EP -

thanks for the suggestion, but i don't think that that is it... i did download and install the latest VB runtimes and still get the error :(

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by erliii
EP -

thanks for the suggestion, but i don't think that that is it... i did download and install the latest VB runtimes and still get the error :(
Erliii,

I'm getting the same error even after installing the VB6 runtime. What OS are you using?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok, I had a closer look becasue after a fresh isntall of XP it wan't work for me either. I got it working tho...

Install WinDVD Tweaker 3.2 and replace the executable from teh beta 2 of Tweaker 3.3 - I presume that this is just because it is a beta and the final will come with the usual installer.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok bit more :D

I installed then uninstalled 3.2 keeping the runtime files installed (opted not to run them, then the 3.3 exe runs without any problems)

·
Registered
301 Posts
EP -

that did the trick... thanks!

Cliff -

my video partition is WinME... i followed EP's suggestion and installed 3.2 over 3.3b2 (i had already created a folder in \\Programs for it), which installed all the missing components and got the whole thing working.

as i hear, you can apparently use WinDVD Tweaker for 7.1 playback, but i don't have the extra speakers to verify. it didn't help for the poor DTS CD playback (or for the poor CD playback in general), however... i still get a lot of crackling and dropouts for DTS CDs, ProLogic II and ICE decoding. :( but the DTS and DD decoding for DVD was perfect, so while it may not work as an audio player (which saves me from installing it on my audio partition), it looks like i might have to reconsider using TT as my main DVD player (the question is which is more important, video quality or DD EX/DTS ES capability... tough decision, that one ;)).

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
 http://planetmirror.com/pub/majorgee...tweaker3.4.exe

---Whats New In Version 3.4---

*Updated the fix errors feature. Now it will fix common audio problems better

*Fixed issues of ability to change settings being disabled in Windows XP

*Added purchase WinDVD page where you can buy WinDVD Plus and support

WinDVD Tweaker by doing so

*Fixed restore default skin button

*Fixed all problems with saving settings while working in Windows XP\\2K

*Fixed some XPack problems saving settings in Windows XP