AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks again to BBQ for posting the link to the new WinDVR update.

ftp://218.219.66.58/pool/wdr_update1.exe

After downloading this patch and extracting all the files from the .cab files, I dumped all the files into my WinDVD Platinum directory. Every single problem I had is now history-

Major Problems fixed-

Stuttering with HW acceleration and S/PDIF output on Revo (was a problem with every soundcard except Creative)

Movie Effector now works with HW acceleration

Everything else, rock solid. With dual-monitor mode activated, WinDVD in the second monitor now works right-

Information box states:

Version:

4.5 DXVA B28.051

Video:

Hardware:

Vendor: ATI

Connection type: MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2

Downstream renderer: CLSID_OverlayMixer

Exactly the way it should be in the second monitor (HDTV).

This is on my Radeon 8500 w/Catalyst 3.2

And I have to say this is the best WinDVD has ever looked. Anime is stunning, just as good with a little Effector refinement as with FFDShow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where exactly did you extract the cab files to?

And can anyone speculate if this would work with other versions of windvd namely 4.0, 4.5, plus etc, etc

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh. I didn't even copy those files into the common directory, just dumped them all into WinDVD4PR.

What do the Dx MediaObject files do? I see there are ActiveX files now.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
You have to be very careful with multiple copies of DS filters. Only a single instance can be registered, using regsvr32.exe. This is the only instance or version of a particular filter that will be used. All the other copies you have hanging around are doing nothing more than creating confusion for you.

If you are actually using the WinDVD application rather than ZP, the above warning probably doesn't apply.

Vern

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Use Winrar to extract the .cab files and the .hdr, and then use i6comp02 (search google to find) to extract from the .cab files. Works from a command line.

So BBQ, can you explain what it means that WinDVD now supports DXO? If the adapter only works Buzz (audio only?) what's the point?

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, the stuttering has been fixed. Is this with Platinum only? I downloaded the demo a few months ago, and passed on it becuase of the stuttering. Would a $100 be worth it for my current system (under my sig) if I watch primarly anime (90%)?

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would test it out before you shell out the $$. Just download the demo and follow the directions on dumping the update into the appropriate directory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, it wont let me use the demo any more. It says my trial version has expired. :( I used it a couple months ago, so that's probably why it wont let me try it again. Any idea's on how to get the demo to work on my comp again? Something in my registry, perhaps?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a few questions re: ftp://218.219.66.58/pool/wdr_update1.exe :

* Is 218.219.66.58 just one of InterVideo's hosts? Is the update available on any of their web pages?

* What does wdr_update1.exe actually do? Does it update a particular version of WinDVD? Can it just be run directly if one has a legit license, etc?

* Am I correct assuming InterVideo are the authors of wdr_update1.exe?

(if 218.219.66.58 and / or wdr_update1.exe are not InterVideo's, what about concerns for viruses / worms)?

Many thanks

Alec

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i6comp e data1. That's it. Make sure both .cab files and the .hdr file are in the same directory.

Shinji- if you have an OEM WinDVD that came with some hardware you purchased you can get it even cheaper. Since WinDVD4 came with my Revo it only cost $20 to go to Platinum.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't have any WinDVD products since the SPDF never worked right before. I just bought the Plat now for $50 since I have a compitors dvd player (and since the site said there's a 14 day window for a refund, I can do that if it didn't work). No shutter at all with the SPDF finaly! Now, I'll download those updates, and see how everything goes.

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah Vern- the thing is, Platinum and Recorder are one and the same- you need different codes to activate one or the other- Therefore the updates apply to both (even though it says it's recorder specifically). In the update itself, there's a new version of "WinDVD.exe".

I think it just won't update on the English version.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great guys. It worked like a charm. Thanx

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.