AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new subwoofer to replace the one from my z5500 set. I am looking for a sub with excellent sound quality, not extreme volume. The z5500's amps are 505W, are these worth using or should I buy a new amp as well? My price range is between 100 - 150 but I am willing to go as far as 200 for a substantial quality increase. I realize that people's tastes differ so I am trying to get a range of subs that I can go and hear for myself.

If you couldn't tell, I am very new to this. Looking for any and all advice. Thanks for your help,

- Mike

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo1dog /forum/post/16904705

I am looking for a new subwoofer to replace the one from my z5500 set. I am looking for a sub with excellent sound quality, not extreme volume. The z5500's amps are 505W, are these worth using or should I buy a new amp as well? My price range is between 100 - 150 but I am willing to go as far as 200 for a substantial quality increase. I realize that people's tastes differ so I am trying to get a range of subs that I can go and hear for myself.

If you couldn't tell, I am very new to this. Looking for any and all advice. Thanks for your help,

- Mike

Isn't the amp for the speakers in your system inside the sub? If so, you'll need to look for a replacement of the same subwoofer that comes with the Z5500. I'd check on ebay for a used set, maybe you'll have to buy the entire system but perhaps you can do that for your price range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it is but can I not still use it? I replaced the sub once for a $50 one I found on clearance and I am not happy at all with the quality. All I did was unplug the old sub and plug in the new one. Perhaps with higher quality subs you cannot do this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.