AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my new X-1 yesterday, and projected it onto a temporary screen, which is a 4' X 8' sheet of the Do-Able board that I learned about in this forum. I was very happy with the results. However, for various reasons, my permanent screen solution needs to be a pull-down wall screen. I have my eye on the Da-lite Model B. My question is what size should I go with? My projector will be wall-mounted, with the base of the mount about 16.5 ft. from the screen. Given the extention of the mount, and the length of the X-1, I think I will just barely be able to fit onto a 60" X 80" screen. So this is an option. On the other hand, I should be easily able to fill the 69" by 92" screen. So that is an option as well. Room is not light-controlled, but most viewing will be at night anyway, so this is not really an issue. Seating is about 14' away from the screen. Should I go for the larger or the smaller picture? Is 69" by 92" too big for an X-1?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm running my X1 at 80*60 max while in 4:3 mode. I'm approx 14 feet away from the screen and find it to be large enough. I think if I went any bigger I would start to see the screen door effect in bright scenes. I have a light controlled room so I have the brightness turned down fairly low along with the contrast. If you need to bump those settings up to deal with ambient light, you may start to see screen door effects more easily with the larger screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scott,

Did you consider any other projectors or was the X1 your first choice... I'm toying around with whether to buy the X1, HT1000 or Mitsubishi XD300U (as recommended by Projector People). My theater area is roughly 15' X 15', and I recently purchased a 60" X 80" Draper Targa 1200 off eBay for $105. I plan on putting the screen approxiamtely 1' from the wall and my center channel directly behind the middle of the screen. That being said the max throw distance will be 13' - 14'

I like the thought of spending

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.