AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a x1 from best buy yesterday and it has a bad pixel. It is totally black and never produces any color. Another thing I noticed is that there appears to be a whole row of darker pixels about 4 lines up from the bottom when watching some DVDs. Is there any way I can return it and get a new one from best buy or are they gonna give me a hard time? I really like it and don't want a refund I just want one that works 100%.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The entire row pixels near the bottom is normal. It can also happen at the top. I see it on my X1 with some DVDs but not others.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
I have a bad pixel as well about 7 inches in 3 quarters of the way down. if I get more I will send it in but for one it is hardly worth it since where we sit you can't see it. DLP technology is made up of thousands of mirrors. You can spend a lifetime sending in your equipment for a bad mirror.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
That's odd? I've never had a stuck mirror on my LT150 and I presently don't have any on my LT240K. I would send it back if I ever came across such a thing.

Sounds like it's a little more common with the X1...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Im curious how this 5 year warrenty is obtained? Im in Australia and have purchased my X1 locally and thort the warrenty was 2 years. I also thort that the infocus has an international warrenty system which should mean I should also get 5 years? Any ideas?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bought my X1 from BB just north of NYC and it had an entire row of "dead pixels" vertically across the entire image. Called Infocus and they said "not right bring it back" Brought it back and fired it up for the manager and they immediately got me a new one no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Quote:
It may not be "more common" it may be that there are many more out there that have been sold than other makes.
:) I doubt that. I know the X1 is "all the rave" at the moment but the LT150 was the same way a few years back. Trust me.

It just seems that there is a lot of talk about dead (stuck) mirrors all of a sudden. I'm sure it's not a big deal. I just wouldn't live with it that's all.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoonfed
Im curious how this 5 year warrenty is obtained? Im in Australia and have purchased my X1 locally and thort the warrenty was 2 years.
Just register your X1 online at the InFocus site before Oct 31st. The promo link is here:
http://www.infocus.com/x1promoprodpg/

Hmm... I just noticed that page also says "Offers applicable in the United States, Canada and Latin America only at this time." But there are several offers on the page and the placement of this sentence leaves it a bit unclear if it applies to the warranty. Maybe call or email InFocus to confirm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.