AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an X1 on Dell's amazing 20% + 10% off small business sale. I'm wondering what additional cables I'll need for the thing. I'm told that there's a small cable that used to be included with the X1s that no longer is in the box (is it a VGA to component cable?)

For what purpose would I need this cable?

Can someone tell me what other cables I should be buying? I'm not a home theater newbie, but I haven't thought a huge amount about cable issues.

I have an XBox with the HDef pack, which provides an optical audio output to my amp and component video out. Currently the component out is running to inputs on our tube television. I'd like to be able to play the Xbox on the X1.

I also have a DVD player running through my amp.

I'm guessing that my primary pipe to the X1 is going to be a long SVideo cable. Can someone suggest an online source?

Can the Xbox feed a signal to my amp, and then the amp send the signal over this Svideo cable? Or will I need seperate long cables?

How are other people making this work? I'd like to get all of my accessories ordered while I'm waiting for the X1 to ship.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
well you will need that vga to component cable to use component cables with the X1. And yes, the xbox can go to the receiver and then you can have the reciever do all the video switching. I don't think you can use the component of the xbox and have the receiver send it to the pj over svideo though.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have progressive dvd(Panny CP-72) and xbox both progressive going into my onk 898,then from onk component out via a component to vga adapter into obviously the X1 vga input.I have sat dish,s-vhs and cable all going to s vid input.I have no vga switch yet,so I have to plug and unplug vga cords when i want pc time on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just curious when your ordered. I tried using my small business acount and they told me there was no 20% discount, even though it said it on there web site. Can you private message me the code, or give me some more info? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. Come to think of it, my amp doesn't support component ins/outs, so this may be an easy choice.

Wondering if there's a way I can get the HDTV component output of the xbox to route through my amp. I need the HDTV box to get xbox optical out to my amp.

Anyone have a suggestion for a place I can get long cabling of the sort I'll need?

Regarding the coupons... Carfanatic, I bought Wednesday morning. The coupons are one-use, which means that if I mailed you the codes, they wouldn't work. I've been told there's a lively aftermarket on Ebay for these codes -- one cheeky young chap was boasting about how he spent about $9 and saved $270 on his order. Of course it's better if you are the original owner of the codes, naturally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.