AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hope everyone who reads this doesn't think its too early to ask, and its just a question for us HDTV ~ OTA users here in New York City. CBS is the only signal now being broadcasted from the Empire State Building, due to the tragic terrorist act at the WTC. I would assume that down the road they will recover and move the signal to the Empire State Building. Has anyone heard of is it being considered? I really could care less if my system ever works again, its simply a bad time in my countrys history, and fear for the future. But I have to move on and get my mind on other topics, If I have offended anyone for asking this question, I apologize.

I would like to express my extreme sadness in a story (All are simply tragic and tearful) that an NBC 25+ years person was on the top of WTC adjusting NBC’s HDTV/OTA transmission signals when the terrorist act occurred. The technician also had helper, and as you guessed have yet to be accounted for, I plan on doing my part financially down the road, but has anyone else heard of this story? Is is possible for us AVS members to some how get together and along with the systems moderators post the names in memory on this web site. I had seen this story televised twice on local NBC news casts hee in New York, so I know its true.

God Bless America ~ God Bless everyone's lives that were touched, I pray for all.

------------------
Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Registered
809 Posts
I posted the information that you desire yesterday, but the administrators took it off. You can find still find it under HDTV programming.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
There are two threads dealing with this issue in the HDTV Programming Forum: NYC HDTV Future? and Gary Merson's Status of NYC Stations .

As far as stations' human losses, NBC is not alone there. Every station in NYC had manned transmitter rooms in the 109th and 110th floors of Tower One, the first one hit. Since the plane hit around the 90th floor, it is a virtual certainty that anyone in the top 20 floors did not survive. So far five stations have announced a total of six engineers missing: WCBS has two, and WNBC, WABC, WPIX, and WNET have one each.

-----------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

[This message has been edited by vruiz (edited 09-17-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.