AVS Forum banner

21181 - 21200 of 21207 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Their schedule as of now still shows Grit, Laff and Mystery. But back at the end of January they replaced 33.6 CourtTV with Heartland.
I just noticed Heartland this past weekend. Seems like an odd network to carry in the NYC area, but I guess they are just trying to fill these subchannels with whatever programming they can find.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Probably W09CZ-D. Any idea what network programming it's running? (And it shouldn't be using virtual channel 9 in any event.)

- Trip
I checked it out again this weekend ...
It's on 9.9, and it was showing an image/illustration of a hot air balloon, that, kind of, like a screen saver, would appear at different places on the screen every few seconds..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
WASA-LD filed for another STA extension to remain silent until WKOB-LD builds out their shared facility on RF 13. In the exhibit they say they expect it to be ready June 30th.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has there been any recent update on the WEDW situation?
Nothing useful. The FCC has filed a brief to the appeal that PMCM has made to the United States Court of Appeals concerning the FCC granting the application by Connecticut Public Broadcasting to build a distribution transmission system. As far as I can tell, PMCM has not yet filed their brief.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That's not the only bogus objection PMCM is doing. The HSN owned W41DO-D is being sold to Major Market Broadcasting, who owns a bunch of LPTV stations. In the filing they mentioned PMCM objected to their displacement application to move to RF 33 with the bogus claim that somehow they have the rights to RF 33 in the NYC market because they have virtual 33. Even though up until the repack WCBS was on RF 33 and there's other examples like WNYE where RF 25 was previously used by WASA-LD until WWOR got it. Not to mention because of WQPX, WCCT and WPSG, there's no way WJLP could even make an allotment request to move to 33.

Hopefully when this is settled, PMCM will be forced to pay all of WEDW's, WZME's and W41DO's legal fees and compensate them for the lost OTA coverage for the past few years while their baseless objections and appeals were going through the courts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know if the analog repeater of WLNY is still on the air? What were the call letters? I'm making a part two of "Analog TV Stations Still on the Air in 2021."

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
WLIG-LP:
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/publicFacilityDetails.html?facilityId=9378

This is their coverage area:
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/d...pplicationId=d439aae0a9d3403b9e62cf6212b6c0ea
Basically it's a tiny radius between exits 48 and 50 of the LIE from their mostly vacant studio on the south service road off of exit 49S.
Thanks! I'll see if I can contact their engineer since I doubt many on this thread are within receiving range of it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Came here for help.

Here is my RabbitEars report:
RabbitEars report

I also just purchased the Winegard Classic Series Yagi YA7000C antenna (link).

My question is: Do I need the low VHF extensions? I just need access to the basic channels like CBS, NBC, PBS, FOX, ABC, CW (WPIX). Don't care about the rest of the channels on the report. I am asking because with those extensions, the antenna is huge and attached to the side of the house will look weird. So if I do not need them for the channels I am interested in, I would just take them off.

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Came here for help.

Here is my RabbitEars report:
RabbitEars report

I also just purchased the Winegard Classic Series Yagi YA7000C antenna (link).

My question is: Do I need the low VHF extensions? I just need access to the basic channels like CBS, NBC, PBS, FOX, ABC, CW (WPIX). Don't care about the rest of the channels on the report. I am asking because with those extensions, the antenna is huge and attached to the side of the house will look weird. So if I do not need them for the channels I am interested in, I would just take them off.

Thanks
The only full power station in NYC that is using VHF-Lo is WJLP (RF 3) which carries Me TV and a few other networks. If you don't care about that channel then you should be fine. Where I live the WJLP signal is strong enough that I can pull it in clearly anyway without any VHF-Lo elements.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Twist is now on 41.4 and I am also able to get WEDW, a station I have not been able to tune in since they broadcast in analog.

21181 - 21200 of 21207 Posts