Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

I signed up for the TWCNYC HD testing/service. I currently subscribe to the standard cable service.

Are these correct assumptions?

-I need to subscribe to DTV.

-There is only one decoder box used (not a separate hdtv and dtv box), so I can subscribe to dtv at the same time they are installing the HD STB. Or do I need to have them install DTV prior to HD install.

-I have a quadscan/ g11 going vga - vga. I need to purchase an rgbvh cable (rca - bnc) that goes directly into computer 2 on the projector.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Yes, you will need to subscribe to DTV

Yes, the same decoder box will do HDTV and DTV

Can't help you on the cable for your projector, but the TWC HDTV box outputs 3 component video cables.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ericbee,

Yeah the cable question is important to me because I will need to purchase a 12 meter cable.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Suggest calling 212-598-7363, Bob Watson at TWC's corporate office, to be put on the list for a HDTV converter. Also, check here for a guide to fiber upgraded/DTV NYC areas (requires browser javascript). Converters have had dual RGBHV or YPrPb cabability via an installer-switched internal converter jumper. If your D-ILA has 5 BNC inputs, believe you'd need 5 cables and 5 RCA-to-BNC adapters. -- John

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks john,

yep that's the list that I'm on. Yeah my projector takes both component and rgbvh. I assume that rgbvh is better than component? The other issue I think you solved was whether the HD STB had bnc connections or rca.

BTW has anyone recieved the latest batch of STBs?

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Well, I've been debating whether to use 5-wire or 3-wire component for about 1 year now, catching only snippets of how one turned out vs. the other. Pure RGB is best theoretically, of course, although I noticed an early SA2000HD user in Florida had RGB color problems last year. With my RPTV, believe I'll try 3-wire component--just to have a little more tweaking ability, since I'm not at all sure a mass-produced converter can deliver a really 'pure' RGB hdtv signal. Hope to read more pros and cons based on experience since I believe I can always convert. I'd wager a lot that TWC's converters have RCA outputs, but I'm not positive. Believe I saw a post last week that someone is slated for an install this week. -- John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.