AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it out yet? it's posted under new products on the zenith website.

I think it's the idq1080 or something like that

if it is out, is it as good as reviewers of prototypes suggested it would be?
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

peteg

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately, the release date of the Zenith DTV-1080 has been pushed back again until late September. Based on the precedence of previous HDTV receiver releases, I'd bet the release date will be pushed back again as we approach September. This is very frustrating and poor customer relations on Zenith's part. Regardless of these delays, the Zenith receiver appears superior (on paper) to other receivers on the market. However, I wouldn't reccomend waiting for this product, as you'll miss great HDTV programming and you might wait until 2002.

Andrew

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first time on this site! Referred by the TAW site. Most useful info. I'm building dedicated HT with the Rock & HD800 for main room and using my old trusty RCA DTC-100 & 36" hi/res RCA set for bedroom system. Was researching 2nd gen set top boxes released at CEDIA and came up with the Zenith as best choice. Talked to them today and they told me Sept. I'm also not confident with that date and need another set top box to view my 4 OTA digital stations on the big screen. Also have Sat & cable. Any recommendations for a 2nd choice STb if Zenith is going to drag their heels on this one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.