AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2421 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zidoo is about to release its more affordable (than Zidoo X20) media players shortly. Zidoo Z9S & Z10
Will arrive with Android 7!

Reactions: giomania

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ugh, the Z10 has everything in the wrong place.
HDD rack is on the side - which means when you want to change the drive, you have to turn it around or move stuff around, risking unplugging something at the back.
And the USB ports are on the front....they should be at the back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ugh, the Z10 has everything in the wrong place.
HDD rack is on the side - which means when you want to change the drive, you have to turn it around or move stuff around, risking unplugging something at the back.
And the USB ports are on the front....they should be at the back.
You have a point there with the USB ports. The specs say that there are two USB 3.0 ports as well as the two USB 2.0 ports on the front. I assume they are on the side opposite the hard drive opening. That's isn't too bad. I can also see why you don't like the hard drive access from the side, although since it has a small footprint there should be room. That said, I got the EGREAT A10 because of it's form factor over the zidoo. I liked the shorter wider stance, so you can stack things easier, since I have an audio cabinet, I like rectangles instead of squares in there. Still, I bet these new players will be really good with the new android and upgraded SoC.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not see any news, it was said to be laughed, first week of October, but seems to have been delayed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please test the picture quality with Spears & Munsil HD tests like Sledgehamma.
I can only promise to try. Free time is a problem for me right now :)
The banding issue should be visible in auto mode just like like in the Zidoo X20.
Other than that, i don't expect to find any nasty surprises.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can only promise to try. Free time is a problem for me right now :)
The banding issue should be visible in auto mode just like like in the Zidoo X20.
Other than that, i don't expect to find any nasty surprises.
Zidoo says on advertisement:
“New Realtek RTD1296DD chipset designed specifically for media playback. 30% more performance than RTD1295. New image processing and optimisation engine giving PQ equivalent to the best UHD BD players.”

This is true?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Zidoo says on advertisement:
“New Realtek RTD1296DD chipset designed specifically for media playback. 30% more performance than RTD1295. New image processing and optimisation engine giving PQ equivalent to the best UHD BD players.”

This is true?
You do get a clean monitor out image if that's what you are asking (4K banding issue aside for once more, it needs manual input to be corrected).
There appears to be no extra video processing, at least visible or adjustable by the user/owner, so comparisons with HTPCs using MADVR filters or high end UHD players with integrated video processing would be unfair.
I did notice better HDR-SDR conversion though (hope it was not placebo effect :p ) which may mean that part of the "image processing and optimisation engine" statement is probably valid.

The raw computing performance of the SoC is similar to the one of the existing models.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I hope they work better then they look. Ugly cheap looking silver boxes... why not also in black?

Reactions: videobruce

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope they work better then they look. Ugly cheap looking silver boxes... why not also in black?

Their previous one was grey, looked better.
Build quality is really solid though. Exactly the same as Dune HD Pro 4K and Zidoo X9S.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was there another thread for the new players?
Sorry if I missed it...

·
Registered
316 Posts
As far as I can tell this is the only thread talking about this particular model of the Zidoo player. Not sure what Johnson from Arizona is looking at.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
These posts that popup periodically for these devices when there are already threads about them sure make these seem like company sponsored encouraged SALES ads.....

AFAIK this is the only thread talking about the new Z series or it's the only one I've seen.

Perhaps you could point to the additional threads, I would be interested to read them.

A search of the Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming Forum using the key word Zidoo only brings up discrete threads for the X9S, a thread for the X20/X20 Pro, and this thread for a first page of 25 results and the Zidoo X10 in the second page of the next 25 results for me.

·
Registered
796 Posts
These posts that popup periodically for these devices when there are already threads about them sure make these seem like company sponsored encouraged SALES ads.....
Maybe a little more research on your part would prevent a perfectly good thread from being deleted...

1 - 20 of 2421 Posts