AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2421 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello Guys!
I just pulled the plug and ordered a Samsung Q80R 82" TV. I'm anxious. I wonder what would be the best settings for the Zidoo Z9S with that tv. Please help. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1120K and is only hdmi 1.4. So I have an hdmi audio extractor from HDFury that has only one in one out. What would be my best option if I want to have at least 3 inputs? Add one multi-hdmi switch?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello Guys!
I just pulled the plug and ordered a Samsung Q80R 82" TV. I'm anxious. I wonder what would be the best settings for the Zidoo Z9S with that tv. Please help. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1120K and is only hdmi 1.4. So I have an hdmi audio extractor from HDFury that has only one in one out. What would be my best option if I want to have at least 3 inputs? Add one multi-hdmi switch?

While an HDMI switch would work, I would honestly recommend just replacing the receiver at this point. It'd most likely be a much more reliable solution.

·
Registered
15 Posts
While an HDMI switch would work, I would honestly recommend just replacing the receiver at this point. It'd most likely be a much more reliable solution.
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what are the best settings for:

Playback:
-Automatic Framerate/ framerate mode & framerate pause.
Does it support 23.976?

Display:
-hdmi mode/
-color setting/deep color mode, color space mode, hdi range mode
-hdr to sdr/gamma, parameter
-hdr

thanks

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what are the best settings for:

Playback:
-Automatic Framerate/ framerate mode & framerate pause.
Does it support 23.976?

Display:
-hdmi mode/
-color setting/deep color mode, color space mode, hdi range mode
-hdr to sdr/gamma, parameter
-hdr

thanks
Generally speaking:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz
Display/HDR: Auto
Display/Advanced settings/Deep Color Mode: 10-bit
Display/Advanced settings/Color Space Mode: YCbCr 444
Display/Advanced settings/HDMI Range Mode: 16-235*

Audio/HDMI Audio: RAW
Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

* 64 - 940 (10-bit)

Only set frame rate pause if you need it for extended display resync.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I ended buying an used Denon X6400H. The receiver is in excellent condition. Now I can use the receiver as a 4k switch for the TV. Still waiting for the eARC update. I guess it will rain frogs before it happens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi everyone!

is there a best practice of how to configure home theater/the poster wall in a Z9S in a scenario where multiple Z9S are on the same network, accessing the same library.

I don‘t want to configure the application and/or adjust scrape results on each unit separately. For the initial setup, one can of course do everything on one unit and then export everything on a USB stick and use this for an import on a different Z9S. But this approach is not convenient in the long run. Storing the info on the drives where the movies are (and the Z9S creates a folder for this) somehow didn‘t do the trick for me...

Another thing that I want to do is create a custom category. I run a D-Box system and I would like the movies that have been coded to a) show a D-Box logo on the movie poster and b) be able to filter for D-Box coded movies and c) I want this to be available on all Z9S (currently 2) on my network.
I found a way to create a custom category, but each movie has to be added to the category manually. This can be done through the interface but it is cumbersome and the category is available on that particular Z9S unit only. I would prefer to be able to add the D-Box-Info in the file name, just like you can distinguish different versions of a movie or trigger some icons for some pre-defined features to be shown on the movie poster by adding „(D-Box)“ in the file name.

Has anybody done something like this successfully on a Zidoo Z9S?

Thanks!

Markus

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
"New beta version: v2.3.33
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.3.33/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.3.33_202006302037_ota-package.zip
MD5: 780D881438FBF64792E80024057236C8
Solved the 3D MVC Seamless Branching issue.(It is mainly shown in some Disney movies)
Faster frame rate switching. Now the AFR should be done before the movie starts playing.No flickering"
I'm using a Zappiti mini but I'm not happy with it's blu-ray and DVD playing since it keeps stuttering once every few minutes.

I don't have any 4K movies.

In your opinion, is Z9S a good player for DVD/Blu-Ray/3D MKV? Any issues?

Does the latest firmware (v2.3.33) have any new issues or is it stable for Non-4K movies?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
"New beta version: v2.3.33
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.3.33/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.3.33_202006302037_ota-package.zip
MD5: 780D881438FBF64792E80024057236C8
Solved the 3D MVC Seamless Branching issue.(It is mainly shown in some Disney movies)
Faster frame rate switching. Now the AFR should be done before the movie starts playing.No flickering"
I received my Z9S last night. I set it up, did a firmware update to the one you posted (v2.3.33).
All the movies were either recognized or I did a rematch and everything is great.
I've not tested 3D MVC yet, but hopefully that is going to be OK too.
My BD and DVDs play with no issues.
the only minor issue is that Z9S does not recognize Blu Ray .iso and it plays the whole movie with no menu (DVD .iso are OK). Zappiti was exactly the same. Not a big deal.

Goodbye Zappiti forever.

Reactions: markswift2003

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I received my Z9S last night. I set it up, did a firmware update to the one you posted (v2.3.33).
All the movies were either recognized or I did a rematch and everything is great.
I've not tested 3D MVC yet, but hopefully that is going to be OK too.
My BD and DVDs play with no issues.
the only minor issue is that Z9S does not recognize Blu Ray .iso and it plays the whole movie with no menu (DVD .iso are OK). Zappiti was exactly the same. Not a big deal.

Goodbye Zappiti forever.
On the play screen just above and to the right of the film information box there should be 4 buttons. The first is a play direct button. The second should be labelled “BD” navigating from it should give you menu playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
On the play screen just above and to the right of the film information box there should be 4 buttons. The first is a play direct button. The second should be labelled “BD” navigating from it should give you menu playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello steelman,
Many thanks for your help.
I cannot find the buttons you're talking about.
If it is not too much trouble for you, would you please include a snapshot of the screen you're talking about?

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hello steelman,
Many thanks for your help.
I cannot find the buttons you're talking about.
If it is not too much trouble for you, would you please include a snapshot of the screen you're talking about?

Appreciate it.
I currently don't have any BF folder rips - I rip all my discs to mkv's.

OK I'm making certain assumptions here:-
  1. You have scanned your sources
  2. You are navigating through HT 3.0 to the movie poster wall
Once at the wall choose the movie in question and you will be presented with the information screen

IMG_3472.JPG

If you have either a full Blu-Ray folder/ISO disc rip a fourth button, just above the Directors information will appear - a blue button with "BD". This will take you to the Blu-Ray menu. The first button you see above, plays the movie directly by-passing the menu system of the disc rip.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I currently don't have any BF folder rips - I rip all my discs to mkv's.

OK I'm making certain assumptions here:-
  1. You have scanned your sources
  2. You are navigating through HT 3.0 to the movie poster wall
Once at the wall choose the movie in question and you will be presented with the information screen

If you have either a full Blu-Ray folder/ISO disc rip a fourth button, just above the Directors information will appear - a blue button with "BD". This will take you to the Blu-Ray menu. The first button you see above, plays the movie directly by-passing the menu system of the disc rip.

Hope that helps
I see the icon (BD). but every time I click on it, it goes directly to the concert. It doesn't give the menu.

Is there a "Direct Output" mode in Zidoo?
Also, is there any way to force the Zidoo box to display the clock when in "Standby" mode?

Reactions: chiquito3

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello Everyone! I just had my first experience with video files that the Z9S is not showing the video. I've got 2 series: "The A Word S02" and "War Of The Worlds S01"(the one with Gabriel Byrne). I only see a green screen but no video. I could see them using PLEX from my tv. Any idea why I can't see the video from these series with my Z9S?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I see the icon (BD). but every time I click on it, it goes directly to the concert. It doesn't give the menu.

Is there a "Direct Output" mode in Zidoo?
Also, is there any way to force the Zidoo box to display the clock when in "Standby" mode?
It can be picky on Blu-Ray menu's. Hopefully they can refine it in the future.

For Direct Output - I presume you mean “Frame-Rate and Resolution” in <Quick Settings/Playback/Frame-Rate Switch/Frame-rate mode>

Sorry no idea about displaying the clock.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It can be picky on Blu-Ray menu's. Hopefully they can refine it in the future.

For Direct Output - I presume you mean “Frame-Rate and Resolution” in <Quick Settings/Playback/Frame-Rate Switch/Frame-rate mode>

Sorry no idea about displaying the clock.
Hi steelman,

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
2401 - 2420 of 2421 Posts