go to "audio codec"
change:
A_MS/ACM to A_PCM/INT/LIT
Then file -> Save

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hi guys,

I own a Z9S player with the latest firmware installed. When watching full 1:1 Blu-Ray rips the movie pauses for 1-3 seconds during a movie quite some times. Also, some movies will completely keep hanging; this happens sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes also only after one hour or so.
It happens with both .m2ts, .ISO and BDMV folder structure rips.
I m using a external HDD. I have tried 2 external HDD's and both have the same issue (WD MyBook 3tb formatted FAT32 and a WD Elements formatted exFAT).

Tried it with the native player, with home theater and with the ZDMC player: all the same issue.....

What could the problem be?

Thanks
did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having similar issues occasionally. I am on an older firmware and was just about to update

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having similar issues occasionally. I am on an older firmware and was just about to update
It happens to me too using .mkv files.
My setup is Zidoo to XMC-1 processor to TV.
I decided to buy an HDFury splitter and try it again by passing the video to TV through the splitter and audio to the processor.

Do you connect directly to TV or do you use a processor?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This is how I get LPCM to work when I use "makemkv":

in order to change the LPCM CODEC in MAKEMKV:
Download and open "MKVToolNixGUI"
Open Header Editor
open the movie file you'd like to fix
go to "audio codec"
change:
A_MS/ACM to A_PCM/INT/LIT
Then file -> Save
Thanks for this! I initially tried the FLAC approach which worked the first time I tried it, however, it more often than not failed to play. This seems to work without any issues.(y)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Wondering if there is a shuffle function within this player? I see "Random" listed in one of the menu items but it doesn't seem to do anything. I store all my multi-channel blu-rays on my server and use the Z9S to play back.
I was wondering something similar like sequential playback, or playlists. Even if it was just videos in a folder.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an 8gb drive attached to the z9s and I would like to add a second 10gb drive. Is there any way to have them appear as one drive so the list of movies is in one folder?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know why the RC is syncronise with my TV and every time when I press the red button to switch off the Z9X switch the TV on standby .
Of course I have deactivate in the menu the pass

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone know how to have HT 4.0 only display the movie title in the original language as indicated in the "Original Title" field at TMDB? I have my Z9S set to English. Occasionally people include the English translation of an opera title in the "Translated Title" field, so my wall shows the English translation. I don't want it translated, and this is very annoying! For one opera which I contributed to TMDB, being naïve, I included the "Translated Title" in English, so that's how it now appears in my wall. Since I was the one that created the entire entry, I went back and deleted the translated title, waited a few days, and rematched, but my wall still shows the translated title. I know this is minor, but I have HT 4.0 set up perfectly and like it a lot, except this.

·
Registered
JBL SDP-55, Tascam ML-16D, 3x Bryston 6B SST, 9B SST, 2B-LP, 3x Dynaudio Contour S1.4, 12x Cont. SR
337 Posts
I wonder if development for the Z9S is dead already since the arrival of the Z9X?
Well, the latest beta for the Z9S (ver. v2.3.45 beta) is dated Feb 05, 2021...

A place where I am looking for Zidoo firmware is McBluna.net. They also provided APKs for some application that got updated on the most recent generation for the previous one.

But yes, development appears to focus on the most recent generation and looking at the change log, many changes are related to the new features of this generation like Dolby Vision.

The Z9S still is a great machine, even without the most recent updates that the Z9X has received. Or do you have specific problems that you need to be fixed on the Z9S?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, the latest beta for the Z9S (ver. v2.3.45 beta) is dated Feb 05, 2021...

A place where I am looking for Zidoo firmware is McBluna.net. They also provided APKs for some application that got updated on the most recent generation for the previous one.

But yes, development appears to focus on the most recent generation and looking at the change log, many changes are related to the new features of this generation like Dolby Vision.

The Z9S still is a great machine, even without the most recent updates that the Z9X has received. Or do you have specific problems that you need to be fixed on the Z9S?
I just wonder if the Z9S would be compatible with HDR10+?
I did not know about a recent firmware update.
Thanks for that info.

2441 - 2456 of 2456 Posts