-FileName Title (Year)(3D-AVC)(DTS-HD MA 7.1).iso

3D BDMV
RootFolderShare
-FolderName Title (Year)

3D MVC (.mkv)
RootFolderShare
-FolderName Title (Year)
-FileName Title (Year)(3D-MKV)(DTS-X MA 7.1).mkv

I use advanced rename to do.this very quickly with batches. Almost got a 98% scan one time with over 350 titles.

What you again have to watch out for is grouping of clusters of movies having nothing to do with each other other than Atmos in the title. Sometimes HT 2.0 gets the flu in my opinion. To isolate those offenders quickly just make a favorite for some of my favorites such as Atmos, Atmosphere, Amittyville.

This will likely be the last time I post this info as I have done it 2 or 3 times prior and much of this is over at the zidoo forums as well.

You can let zidoo preview everything and get more tags as well such as res , aspect ratio etc.

Keep at it. there is a learning curve but it's awesome when you nearly master it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the detailed info! appreciate it.
The concern I have with this approach is that it appears we have to provide pretty much "all" the information to the wall application for each and every file we have by re-naming each of them with those specific details. And let's also not forget the amount of time I need to find these details before renaming. When you have thousands of such files I'd expect the tool to scan the files and extract those info. Many tools already do that pretty well so perhaps this one is still a work in progress.

But on the other hand I'd think there must be a easier way to make the tool extract most of the info and only use the specific file naming method for those few missed ones. I'm mostly surprised the tool failed get the "Audio" info for all of my movies ..

If any of you're using the .nfo files successfully would you mind sharing an example which works for "movie sets"? (Ex: God Father Trilogy BD)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks for the detailed info! appreciate it.

The concern I have with this approach is that it appears we have to provide pretty much "all" the information to the wall application for each and every file we have by re-naming each of them with those specific details. And let's also not forget the amount of time I need to find these details before renaming. When you have thousands of such files I'd expect the tool to scan the files and extract those info. Many tools already do that pretty well so perhaps this one is still a work in progress.

But on the other hand I'd think there must be a easier way to make the tool extract most of the info and only use the specific file naming method for those few missed ones. I'm mostly surprised the tool failed get the "Audio" info for all of my movies ..

If any of you're using the .nfo files successfully would you mind sharing an example which works for "movie sets"? (Ex: God Father Trilogy BD)
It would be nice if HT 2.0 used mediainfo while scanning the info the wall. The issue is there isnt a lot of documentation from zidoo on HT 2.0. I have a feeling the answer you seek does come from the .nfo files extracted from kodi perhaps. I have always had a common naming method and when I got it to work for both zidoo and kodi and infuse pro I stuck with it.

For what it's worth, I only use the zidoo wall for 4k and 3D. kodi handles BD, HdTV and SD.

Continue your research and remember HT2.0 will play something for a 15 seconds or so and spit out what it analyzed with mediainfo in the form of pretty badges! without any of those tags.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It would be nice if HT 2.0 used mediainfo while scanning the info the wall. The issue is there isnt a lot of documentation from zidoo on HT 2.0.

Continue your research and remember HT2.0 will play something for a 15 seconds or so and spit out what it analyzed with mediainfo in the form of pretty badges! without any of those tags.

Exactly! I use YaDIS, which has not been updated for six years, with my Dune and that uses mediainfo when scraping. It can't from ISO but adds default media values and allow you to manually update. Nice if HT2 would have the same options.

As for having to play for 15 seconds to get info is a bit silly in this day and age and doesn't always produce anything in my experience.

Reactions: xiaNaix and termite

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Exactly! I use YaDIS, which has not been updated for six years, with my Dune and that uses mediainfo when scraping. It can't from ISO but adds default media values and allow you to manually update. Nice if HT2 would have the same options.

As for having to play for 15 seconds to get info is a bit silly in this day and age and doesn't always produce anything in my experience.
especially when mediainfo is in the code as can be seen in advanced info screens on zidoo HT 2.0. but it is what it is.

you do have to back out of the screen sometimes and go back in to the cover metadata screen to see the info it captures from preview.

·
Registered
507 Posts

I love yaDIS too (with Dune) and it has worked near perfect with my current file structure. Also the manual update capability is extremely valuable.
I even add custom keywords for sorting as my own genres.

Anyway I'm also going to try Kodi with Zidoo ..

·
Registered
507 Posts
custom tags is a go with ht 2.0 as well vis web ui

How do I change the custom tags on web ui? I can get there but …

Also where does ZDMC store it's data (cover art, thumbs etc)? Can we direct that folder to my NAS?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
find the line where you see the other tags you have click edit on the box art .. I think right click as it uses flash doesnt it. then just add a comma and another tag. of your choosing. you can also flag things as 3d or bd or uhd I think there as well with check boxes. I dont use it too much as I mentioned my naming scheme works fairly accurately. you can also add to collections from the ip ui and change covers.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
How do I change the custom tags on web ui? I can get there but …

Also where does ZDMC store it's data (cover art, thumbs etc)? Can we direct that folder to my NAS?
yes and yes.

.hometheater. make sure show hidden folders is enabled in windows explorer.

·
Registered
507 Posts
find the line where you see the other tags you have click edit on the box art .. I think right click as it uses flash doesnt it. then just add a comma and another tag. of your choosing. you can also flag things as 3d or bd or uhd I think there as well with check boxes. I dont use it too much as I mentioned my naming scheme works fairly accurately. you can also add to collections from the ip ui and change covers.

I feel stupid now ..still can't do this..
Here's an example screenshots from a movie..
I can change/add certain fields (director, performer etc.) on the General Information section but cannot add others..
I'm trying to a add "Atmos" into the main screen tag list which shows up now as "4K, MKV"

Strangely MKV tag also doesn't show up on the edit screen ..

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts

It's a shame YaDIS is no longer updated. I believe the author lost the source code in a PC crash. Given the popularity of media boxes these days, and the the lesser quality of their scraping features, it would probably be useful to a lot of people.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Forced subtitles are not working anyway with the Z9s with HD BDMV blu-Ray menus so I suspect they are unlikely to be working for ISOs, it’s not down to your built ISO.

(Tested using Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit Region B HD blu-Ray at 19:33 speaking Russian, subtitles do not appear automatically).
I fail to see why this is such a big deal for everyone... I have subtitles turned on in the Zidoo, then when I rip the MKV, I use MediaInfo to determine which subtitle is the foreign dialog only one and use MKVtoolnix to get rid of the others... done deal. Yes, I do agree that it would be nice if the forced flag would be read properly, but if all you need is the one subtitle file, then this works fine. Or you can just rearrange the subtitles in Toolnix so that the foreign only one is on top...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
enable the option to show file path on poster wall first. then post screenshot please. sometimes you need to go all the way out of ht wall 2.0

add atmos on (movie type) genre line. just hit enter when done. it will now be a genre /category but you will have to manually tag all of them if this is what you want. same with dts-x This will now be a selected filter in ht 2.0.

Someone needs to write a tech manual for this damn movie manager!.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I fail to see why this is such a big deal for everyone... I have subtitles turned on in the Zidoo, then when I rip the MKV, I use MediaInfo to determine which subtitle is the foreign dialog only one and use MKVtoolnix to get rid of the others... done deal. Yes, I do agree that it would be nice if the forced flag would be read properly, but if all you need is the one subtitle file, then this works fine. Or you can just rearrange the subtitles in Toolnix so that the foreign only one is on top...
Only a big deal for everyone using blu-Ray menu playback, not worth fixing then ?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Hmm I didn't realize you could identify that information in mediainfo.

I'm not sure on pixels though. Typically my strategy for all is I just rip every subtitle track identified as English, and keep it. But the two English tracks on Pixels 3D were full text, and it defaulted the first one on, and I turned it off as I didn't want the English on for English speaking. And to be honest I don't think I have seen a track on any one the ones I've built that just contained the text for foreign dialog. I always thought maybe that somehow the track was turned on and off with cues or something. I had the same with The Martian.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hmm I didn't realize you could identify that information in mediainfo.

I'm not sure on pixels though. Typically my strategy for all is I just rip every subtitle track identified as English, and keep it. But the two English tracks on Pixels 3D were full text, and it defaulted the first one on, and I turned it off as I didn't want the English on for English speaking. And to be honest I don't think I have seen a track on any one the ones I've built that just contained the text for foreign dialog. I always thought maybe that somehow the track was turned on and off with cues or something. I had the same with The Martian.
Forced subs don’t work with MKV on any Android players, so the fact it hasn’t been implemented on the Z9s isn’t the issue.

One of the advantages of blu-Ray menu playback is that forced subs should be honoured (it works on the Oppo 203 and the Pro 4K). No need to turn on subtitles on the player, during foreign language sections, the subs are displayed.

I checked Pixels blu-Ray. It supports Forced Subs at 32:58. The subs should be displayed automatically.
(But on the Z9s subs would have to be turned on).

The Martian has Separate, not Forced subs. (at 01:20:42).

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Forced subs don’t work with MKV on any Android players, so the fact it hasn’t been implemented on the Z9s isn’t the issue.

One of the advantages of blu-Ray menu playback is that forced subs should be honoured (it works on the Oppo 203 and the Pro 4K). No need to turn on subtitles on the player, during foreign language sections, the subs are displayed.
I don't use MKVs for the projects I do, I just build an iso. Makes it easier to put on disc that will play on anything too.

I'm going to have to have a look at all the subtitle tracks again I guess. Maybe on pixels there was a third one I missed that just had the foreign dialog.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't use MKVs for the projects I do, I just build an iso. Makes it easier to put on disc that will play on anything too.

I'm going to have to have a look at all the subtitle tracks again I guess. Maybe on pixels there was a third one I missed that just had the foreign dialog.
Identifying the forced subs will always involve some sort of analysis, but checking the list of movies that have forced subs would at least give you a heads up.

I’d just like Forced Subs to work as they do on other media players that support blu-Ray menu playback.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The new Zidoo beta FW calls out that audio issues with seamless branching is addressed. Not sire if its only BD or if it includes UHD releases. Will have to try it... maybe I might keep the Zidoo around a little longer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
The new Zidoo beta FW calls out that audio issues with seamless branching is addressed. Not sire if its only BD or if it includes UHD releases. Will have to try it... maybe I might keep the Zidoo around a little longer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that’s firmware v2.1.40, some users said it had improved.
But, it hadn’t on the known seamless branching test sequences I use to see if it’s fixed.

But, if you haven’t installed that version yet, I’d be interested in your observation of a before and after comparison.

941 - 960 of 2421 Posts