AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am not sure if this is a correct forum for this thread. 

Has anyone ever bought from either newaudiounited.com or high-end-electronics.com

I was looking to buy Yamaha NS-333 speakers and they are about $55 cheaper on websites mentioned above compared to amazon. 

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Try resellerratings.com and see if they show up there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does it strike you as strange that New Audio United isn't proud enough of themselves to put their address on their website? At the top of the list is New Audio United. They're #8 on this list of unauthorized resellers.

Meanwhile, over at high-end-electronics.com, I couldn't even find a phone # on their website, much less an address.

Let us know how it goes should you buy something from either of these guys.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sometimes running the website name through a domain registry like : http://www.betterwhois.com/ can be helpful in addition to resellerratings.com

If a phone number is available, a reverse lookup through a site like Whitepages.com can be helpful as well.

Domain Name: NEWAUDIOUNITED.COM

Registry Domain ID:

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com

Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/

Updated Date: 2013-04-09T00:00:00Z

Creation Date: 2012-07-16T00:00:00Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-07-16T00:00:00Z

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Registrar IANA ID: 2

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 800-333-7680

Reseller:

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: Snider, David

Registrant Organization: New Audio United

Registrant Street: PO Box 459

Registrant City: Drums

Registrant State/Province: PA

Registrant Postal Code: 18222

Registrant Country: US

Registrant Phone: 570-708-8780

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax:

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email:

Registry Admin ID:

Admin Name: Snider, David

Admin Organization: New Audio United

Admin Street: PO Box 459

Admin City: Drums

Admin State/Province: PA

Admin Postal Code: 18222

Admin Country: US

Admin Phone: 570-708-8780

Admin Phone Ext:

Admin Fax:

Admin Fax Ext:

Admin Email: [email protected]

Registry Tech ID:

Tech Name: Snider, David

Tech Organization: New Audio United

Tech Street: PO Box 459

Tech City: Drums

Tech State/Province: PA

Tech Postal Code: 18222

Tech Country: US

Tech Phone: 570-708-8780

Tech Phone Ext:

Tech Fax:

Tech Fax Ext:

Tech Email: [email protected]

Name Server: NS1.MERKEL2.ORG.UA

Name Server: NS2.MERKEL2.ORG.UA

DNSSEC: not signed

URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Last update of whois database: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 20:42:48 UTC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't Trust New Audio United

Late addition to this thread, but in my experience these folks are shysters. Rude and defensive to boot. Of course, they had the lowest price on the Internet for a Definitive Technology speaker, but in the end it was too good to be true. They accepted the order and I called to see when it would ship. 'Oh, it's back-ordered. Probably a week.'

Three weeks later, NOTHING. No e-mail. I called to check in, and guess what: 'It's back-ordered from our distributor, probably a week. Would you like to cancel your order?' I asked for the name of the distributor so I could verify it's back-ordered, but they were NOT going to give that out. Finally got the manager (Eric) on the phone. He's openly hostile, not going to give me the name. I told him I'd be contacting the BBB to report them, so he decided to cancel my order.

There are lots of other reviews just like mine. They don't stock this stuff, nor are they an authorized dealer. Somebody blew it on the price and they aren't going to make a profit, so they encourage you to cancel your order. Three weeks later, I still don't have my speaker. So I'll be paying more, but I'll finally get the merchandise.

A waste of time and a frustrating experience. It leaves you thinking worse of people. All I can do is add to the warnings about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts