AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting one of the BIC subs as they come highly recommended by many and have a price I can get behind. My room is 10x13 or so, I'm attaching an image of the layout. My question is, will an 8" be enough for this room? Also, the floor is wood so I'm guessing a downfiring is the way to go.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Downfiring or front-firing doesn't really matter much. As far as what sub is enough for you, it depends on what you like to listen to and how loud you like to listen. You will never shake the room with an 8" sub. You probably won't with a 10" sub as well, but unlike many of us here, that might not be your goal.

·
Banned
10,528 Posts
Get the biggest, most powerful sub you can. Better to have to turn it down then to blow it up trying to get enough thump.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both interesting points.

Most of the time we're watching tv shows on netflix or some other streaming service with the volume at about 50-60% max on an Onkyo 608. However, when I watch movies I like to enjoy every aspect of it and feel the thunder as it were. I don't want stuf falling off the walls or anything crazy but I'd like those low bass tones to be filled out.

Budget is definitely in the $150 area so the BIC is promising.

Since it is down to these two for me, is it a no brainer to get the 10"? BIC V1020 10" sounds like a fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.