AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up a basic system today and it's the first time I've ever done so. I have a Panasonic 55" Plasma. Just hooked up a Denon AVR-1612 and Klipsch HD 500 speakers.

I have a HD cable box and PS3 running into the Denon with hdmi cables and then the Denon running to the tv with an HDMI. The cable works fine, but when I try to switch over to the gaming input on the receiver the screen is blank. The PS3 is turned on but I'm not getting any picture or sound. I'm probably missing something easy but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of the time, I find such problems are a lot simpler than I expect thus I overlook it.

Firstly, have you checked that the HDMI cable is plugged in fully? Basic as it seems, I have fallen trap to this many times. If that doesn't work, I usually try bypassing one device/cable at a time until I find which one is giving me the problem.

Try a different HDMI input port on the Denon AVR. If this fixes the problem, the AVR is the source of the problem.

Next, try replacing the HDMI cable from the PS3 to the AVR. It is probably preferred to use something that is known to work like the HDMI cable from the HD cable box. This would eliminate the cable as the problem.

If that still doesn't work, try connecting the PS3 straight to your TV. If this still doesn't work, it is most likely the PS3 that is giving the problem.

Try that and let me know how it works. I hope it works because I have run out of ideas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.