AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new here (and to home audio, kinda) and just bought a new setup but I'm wondering if I got a good deal or if I should take this stuff back and get something else.

First off I'll say that I've had home theater setups in the past but they've always been HTiB systems. My wife and I just bought a house so what better time to upgrade my 13+ year old Onkyo system! I decided I want to try to do it right this time and leave myself room to upgrade later, so I stayed away from another "in a box" setup.

So I went into my local BestBuy last night with a budget in mind of $1000, hoping to put together a decent system. I had read good things about the DT ProCinema600 speakers so I checked them out and was impressed that something that small (and inexpensive) could sound so good but at $799 getting those and a receiver seemed impossible at my budget. I kept looking and listening to different speakers but couldn't find anything less expensive that sounded like the 600s. Then I found a sign advertising a receiver/speaker deal: the Pioneer Elite VSX-43 and the DT ProCinema600's, for $899!

I listened to the 600's again, paired with the pioneer and they sounded good together so I jumped on it. Right at my budget, not an "in a box" system, and great sound from what I heard.

So did I get a deal on this stuff, or is there better to be had within my budget? I'm stuck shopping at BestBuy due to having a gift card for part of the funding.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
737 Posts
For that price at BB, I'd say its pretty good. If you weren't limited to BB you could piece together a better system though.

All that matters is if you're happy with it. Spend some time with playing with different speaker and sub locations if you can to maximize your system.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13  /t/1521547/newb-did-i-get-a-good-deal#post_24456361

For that price at BB, I'd say its pretty good. If you weren't limited to BB you could piece together a better system though.

All that matters is if you're happy with it. Spend some time with playing with different speaker and sub locations if you can to maximize your system.
Best Buy has the Pioneerr speaker sets which are decent and better than the Def Tech's IMHO. The subwoofer though would be hard to find as they are a rip offthere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts