AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do a lot of camping, hiking, exploring, and adventure riding - motorcycles - so i am looking for a solid portable projector.

i am looking for something that will give me dvd or better res, at around 50"-60" max

i would hook it up to an inverter drawing on a car or motorcycle battery, nothing too complicated. if there are ones that can be run for any length of time off battery packs i would be interested in those as well.

it would really only be used at night, so i wouldnt need an overwhelming amount of lumens hahaha

once i learn the ins and outs and how they are all specced out i wont sound like such a newb

please point me in the right direction

not looking to spend 2k, thinking 1k max, but i like to do **** right, so either way.

ideally i would like something i can dump video into from my iphone or netbook and just run on a small battery pack

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have something in mind for you which seems perfect as it displays up to around 80" of display, only costs about $500, but it doens't offer much lumens. If you're looking for high lumens, why are you only limited to 50 - 60 inch in display? I can think of a high lumen projector, but then it wouldn't be 16:9 display it'd be 4:3 and it'd be a business/educational projector. I have one myself and it works great with DVD's and what not, but I wouldn't say it's as good as HD projectors. With HD projectors it's hard to find one that's packed with high lumens as HD projectors are designed for indoor use.

You have quite a interesting idea for the use of a projector. Would you settle with non-HD projection? If so I have a list for you to consider from

1 - 2 of 2 Posts