AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im new to all this, just bought a house and want to get a decent HT setup.

i have a Fat 60 gb PS3, and a 40" toshiba LCD (cant remember part #) and just picked up an onkyo tx-sr608 for $280

thinking about getting klipsch jamo s426wcs3 for $400 and a BIC V1220 for $150. will this setup work fine for a large room (open kitchen/livingroom) i dont have the dimensions yet as i dont close for a month.

will the 608 handle these speakers and sub fine and still make for a decent audio experience? i've never had a HT so anything will sound great to me.

will be 90% PS3 games, blurays, & tv and 10% music

since im a broke first time homeowner, i was trying to keep the speakers and sub in the $500-$600 range

i've heard the jamo 406's and BIC f12 is a good combo but cant find the 406's anywhere and the f12 puts it a little out of my price range....will the F12 perform better than the V1220 enough to go over budget for it?

havent heard how the 426s are compared to the older 406s since klipsch bought them out.

thanks a ton

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link, just placed my order, i couldnt find it anywhere for less than $210

if i had the choice to get the jamo s426hcs3 for $400 or jamo s406hcs1 for $210...which should it be? how do they compare? is the 426 worth the extra cash or are they pretty much identical and the 406 would be the smarter choice?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.