AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to piece together a home theater set up and need help w speakers. I just bought a Denon avr-1611 today, going to use as 5.1 set up but I already have 3 nht super zero's (about 8 years old) that I was using as my l/c/r in an old set up w a kenwood powered sub (about 10 yrs old). I don't know if I should keep them as my front stage and just buy some new rear speakers, or should i keep two of them and use them in the rear and buy a front stage? I do plan to buy a new sub because i dont even know if my kenwood works anymore.

My speakers have to be bookshelf size and the room is about 16x22. the system will mostly be used for movies, occasionally music, no gaming. My budget for speakers including the sub is about $750. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out nht's website and the new zero's look different. will that make a difference since they're just going to be rears? And the speaker I was using for my center is the same as the left and right. Does that matter too? Most centers I've seen have multiple woofers. I just don't want to build my system "wrong", that's why i ask.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnac
I checked out nht's website and the new zero's look different. will that make a difference since they're just going to be rears? And the speaker I was using for my center is the same as the left and right. Does that matter too? Most centers I've seen have multiple woofers. I just don't want to build my system "wrong", that's why i ask.
Shouldn't matter much for rears, my guess is that they'll match up well, you could save some money and get something like Pioneer BS-41's for surrounds for $80 - I personally suspect the timbre match will be better with NHT and it would be worth it to me.

The front three speakers being identical does in fact matter - your arrangement is preferable (assuming vertical placement) to the traditional center channels you are referring to.

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that was easy. And fast. So, buying two more super zeroes leaves me $500 or so for a sub. I know there's a subwoofer section here so i'll read up on there. Thanks a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts