AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know very little about audio, and I'm on a rather slim budget. I'm looking for recommendations on a receiver for some outdoor speakers I was recently gifted. I have two pair of the Yamaha NS-AW150W 2-Way Outdoor Speakers (for a total of 4 speakers). I'm only really planning on listening to CDs, MP3s, and FM Radio. My budget for the receiver is $150 (or less...preferably less). Any recommendations?

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Watch
Harman Audio's ebay store for one of their 3390 stereo receivers. It'll push 4 speakers no problem. I picked one up for $128 and still have it - it ain't going anywhere. You could pick up one used on
ebay . This one might go cheap. Five hours left.

Onkyo sells their refurbished 8255 stereo receiver for $159 - join their 'club' and get $10 off - and they ship free IIRC. That brings the price to $149 - right in your budget wheelhouse. Don't let the 50wpc fool you - its a perfectly fine little powerhouse. I used to own one - sold it to a friend who is very happy with it driving a pair of JBL E50s to ear splitting levels.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.