Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm learning a lot being here, had a few questions:

Seems people here like Panasonic, is it really worth it getting the HDTV over EDTV models?

I was looking at the TH42PHD5UY which is the commercial and not the consumer model. I am a little confused about the connections, as per what is listed on the panasonic site. They keep saying RGB connections, my DVD player will output in component, how do I get this to RGB? any idea?

plasmaextreme.us says the inputs are : Composte video, S-Video, audio, RGB, serial

Also, we get Comcast Cable in nashville. To get OTA HDTV, can I just pay comcast to rent the cable box, or is there yet another fee to recieve HDTV programming? I'm not talking about HBO or HDnet. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Generally a few quick searches will yield a wealth of info on every question you asked (see MegaPetPeeve post), but for the short stories.

ED vs HD is purely in the eye of the beholder, find them, look at them, and decide for yourself.

Commercial model has same inputs except connectors are BNC rather than RCA, requiring either conversion cables, or adapters. Again, a search on the model #, or BNC vs RCA will give all the answers you need. The unit has component connection so you DVD player would be fine.

Comcast will be offering Digital Cable (may already be in Nashville) for a slightly higher box rental fee. This is not OTA (over the air in case you're confused). For OTA you would need an HDTV box and antenna.

Those are the short answers. Spend a few minutes searching and you'll find tons more info than I can provide in one post.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
One question you need to ask yourself is- What will you want most from your Plasma (i.e. component hook-ups, DVI-HDCP, type of viewing you will be doing, etc.)? This will help you decide what Plasma fits that mode.

But you are on the right track just by being here.

Moebius did give you some good advice though.

Good luck.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.