AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive nearly completed building my htpc and want you guys to help me out a little.

heres my system specs, will this suffice as an htpc?

p4 3.0c oc to 3.6ghz with zalman all copper heatsink and fanmate

p4p800 se mobo

1gb ocz pc3700 ddr466 memory

Leadtek geforce 6800gt video

coolermaster 2 cavalier case

40g hdd

I use this pc for gaming and htpc use

My display will soon be a Sanyo Pl-Z2 pj and i want optimum quality video playback and gaming.

Ive heard that you need to get quadro drivers loaded for very good picture using the 6800 but this will not let my gaming perform that great now would it, i will need to make compromises along the way.

Now is it better to use dvi straight to the pj or vga?, i heard some ppl had problems when using dvi to display, will i have the same problem???

Also some one please link me to a guide to using powerstrip and achieving 1:1 pixel mapping, ive searched around alot for this, and i can only find that thread with the 1:1 mapping for RADEONS not NVIDIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Godisi,

I'm afraid I can't help you with your questions, they are a little above me, but I wanted to ask you about your Cavalier 2 case...

I bought the same case, but it's Proprietary PSU is only 300w, and I was wondering if you'll still be using that PSU for your OC'd 3.6 chip or not? The size of the PSU doesn't match up with ANY PSU's that I've looked at, and I'm a little worried about running my 3.2 Prescott off of it.

Any help/ideas/info on the PSU would greatly be appreciated, thanks!

Good luck w/ your setup... for me... I'm just using a WinTV-PVR-250MCE and a 9600 ATI card for my video in/video out, respectively. My card has DVI, and S-Video, and VGA, and my TV will have DVI, so I think I'll be using DVI, but might have to revert back to S-Video if it has any problems. AGain... good luck!

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.