AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a few newb questions about HTPC's and equipment, i'm new to all this so please bare with me. I don't got a ton of money and have been looking at HDTV's and other HTPC equipment. First, if I get a HD Ready TV instead of a HDTV that already has the HD tuner, will the TV still be able to run the high resolutions off of the computer? Like the 1080i ect.. I've been looking at a couple different TV's, the Zenith C32V22 which is a 32" HD Capable TV, and the Samsung 32" TXM-3296HF which is also HD Capable.

As for video cards, for doing the capturing ect.. would it be better to get a seperate Video/Tuner like an radeon 7500 and seperate TV Tuner, or go with a radeon 8500/9700 AIW? Any benifits to either type of setup? Also, when doing a PVR function, can u watch another channel on the tuner while your using the PVR function?

Are there any tv tuners that really standout in features over others? They all seem to be pretty much alike to me. I've been looking at the Asus tuner, the ATI Tvwonder pci, and the MSI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here this what I bought for my HTPC

Windows XP Pro

Maxtor 120 gig

Sony DVD Drive

Dign 4 series (from ExoticPC.com)

VFD led screen (from ExoticPC.com)

Silent Power supply

2 vantec stealth case fans

Abit AT7-MAX2 motherboard

AMD Athlon 1600 xp cpu

Super Quiet CPU Fan

ATI 8500le video card

accessDTV tuner card

STB tuner card

Audio Athourity Transcorder (for desktop display)

RGB breakout cable for HDTV display

Other software not sure about going to try stuff out first before buy

I got the Sony 34XBR800 tv and I love it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.