AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas, I just want to thank everyone for the great advice I have got off of this forum so far.

My question is I am on a budget and I am looking for a good set of speakers to mate up to my new Denon 1610 that will be good STEREO speakers as well as good speakers for a home theatre setup. I am lost on the world of speaker overload right now. I went down to the local Best Buy and listened to several sets of speakers. The problem that I am having is that the speakers that sounded great for music sounded cloudy and dull during movies. Now I understand that a center channel is the most important part for the HT setup. But what 3 speakers (Center, Left, Right) would you guys recommend that would accomplish this feat under say 600 dollars. I might be asking a lot for a budget minded setup but there almost has to be a good set of speakers that are capable of listening to music at decent volumes that will also double as great HT speakers as well.

Thanks so much for the help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, center is important. Sub is also important for movies.

I setup my HT recently but I live in apartment so I left the sub out for now.

I went with Klipsch bookshelf B3s (great value with nice reviews) and a center C2.

My plan is to get non-klipsch sub and upgrade to towers later when I can afford more money.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If the Polks interest you, you might scroll down a few threads to "Calling all Polkies" as lots of good advice and they post current deals from Newegg, Fry's etc. Hit the last post as they are going ga ga over the prices of the Monitor line right now.

·
Registered
872 Posts
For music polks were too bright for me. The Energy RC-10 is warm and neutral if that is your taste. It's a bookshelf but is great for music. Next time take your own music for a listen. Used is another option. You never know what you're gonna find on CL, Paradigm, Wharfedale, Vandersteen, B&W, etc. Just beware of white van speakers. Yes they do show up on CL.

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/1563423022.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.